Computer Operator (FT), IS Technical - Evening/Nights
**Lebanon, NH, USA**
Post Date Jul 16, 2019
Requisition # 190002GS
**4:30 PM - 1:30 AM; flexibility to cover weekends and overnights**
Provides first stop technical response for daytime and after hours operations. Management and monitoring of server and network logs to identify issues prior to impacting the user base. Coordinating and facilitating outage calls and emergent technical response up to and including initial technical support and troubleshooting, as well as systems administration and deployment. Availability for late nights or overnights is an important aspect of this position
1. Answering the front line technical services and data center phones.
2. Assists incoming callers with identifying and potentially troubleshooting technical issues and support requests
3. During after business hours coordinate incoming support calls and route to appropriate on call personnel.
4. During after business hours, primarily responsible for monitoring and managing server uptime and notifying related on call personnel in the event of technical interruption.
5. During after business hours, provide rudimentary and introductory support, troubleshooting and problem identification.
6. Work alongside technical services staff on regular maintenance and support tasks after hours.
7. Assists technical services is managing and monitoring server and network alerts and facilitates troubleshooting and resolution
8. Applies security updates, operating system patches, and major upgrades to the Windows Desktop platforms.
9. Manages and monitors conditions at local and remote data center. Assisting in coordinating maintenance of both data centers.
10.Troubleshooting and problem resolution of Tier 1 technical support issues revealed via server monitoring or incoming phone calls.
11.Tier 1 technical support and maintenance tasks to be performed throughout the day or after business hours.
12.Assists in developing operational procedures, depending on application.
13.Assists in monitoring and managing Windows desktop images with software tools. Assists in patching and update process through LanDesk
14.Computer Operators are required to be present for 24 x 7 response for critical hospital technology systems. Some level of flexibility related to late night or overnight hours is required.
15.Perform other duties as required or assigned.
+ High school graduate with one year of data processing and computer operating experience, or the equivalent in education and experience required.
+ Associates degree in Computer Science preferred.