Construction Project Manager
Design Group is a leading Engineering, Systems Integration, and IT consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences, and other industrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, and other technology services to the worlds leading companies. Our organization is staffed by over 1,400 engineering and technical specialists, operating from over 40 global offices in the US and India. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions, Inc.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement with a thriving work environment and a unique people centric culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centricleadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $2.5 billion organization with more than 11,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world. For more information, go to www.barrywehmiller.com and visit our CEO Bob Chapmans blog at www.trulyhumanleadership.com
We have an immediate need for a Construction Manager (Project Manager/Construction) to be based out of our Ft. Worth, TX office. This manager will work with and under the direction of our Director of Construction located in the Concord, NH office. As an experienced Construction Project Manager, you will work with our in house project Design Team and other licensed Professional Engineers, Governing Authorities, Subcontractors and Clients to manage construction projects in the food, beverage and Life Science manufacturing sectors. Our Construction Manager will interface with our fortune 500 clients, who are industry leaders, to provide quality project execution and will require travel to our various client facilities.
- Responsible for effective (safe, quality, timely, cost effective) execution of industrial construction project work on site, through planning, coordination and control of construction resources and activities from inception to project closeout.
- Responsible for ensuring that all materials of construction and methods of construction conform to company, industry, and regulatory standards, specifications, and requirements.
- Responsible for managing the entire contractor bidding process from assembly of bid packages, conducting job walks, evaluating bids, and coordinating contractor mobilization activities.
- Will work as an extension of the clients project team including Project Manager, Site Engineer and Plant Manager.
- Ideal applicant will have 12 - 20 yrs. maximum total experience in various construction roles. (Project Engineer, Site Supertendent, Construction Project Manager)
- Minimum 8+ years experience as a construction manager (Industrial structures experience needed) with overall project responsibility ideally gained from an A&E design build firm.
- Highly desired is experience as a construction manager in industrial structures aimed at the food, beverage, and consumer products, pharmaceutical or related industries.
- Successfully completed industrial projects with values ranging from $50K to $50M.
- Project experience and working knowledge of process systems and ability to read P&IDs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and MS Project is desired.
- Manufacturing site experience is preferred.
- 20-40% frequency of travel is required. The vast majority of this travel will be regional to jobsites to attend client meetings, subcontractor meetings and to provide regular oversight of the construction and installation activities.
- Completion of OSHA 10 or 30 hour training required
- Construction Project Management accreditation / certification (or equivalent experience)
Works on-site to manage and oversee an in-process construction project. This role is for the construction of new facilities.