Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager (Six Sigma/Manufacturing) to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Continuous Improvement Manager (Six Sigma/Manufacturing) is responsible for managing and defining the implementation of Klein Business System (KBS) activities for US manufacturing operations. This position will assist in developing the Klein Business System road map acting as a subject matter expert and internal consultant. This position will assist in the development of measurable goals for all manufacturing departments. This position will assist with providing training, coaching, tools, and leadership for Klein Business practices at all levels - from management through plant floor. This position will assist in organizing effective trainings and workshops. This position will elevate the needs and capabilities of plants and drive process improvement.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Assist in providing leadership & direction to all employees, including management team members, in the principles, concepts & executions of Klein Business Systems (KBS). Drive continuous improvement across US manufacturing operations to achieve results. Develop, mentor, motivate, and coach employees on how to utilize the Klein Business System to accomplish the company's goals and objectives in the areas of quality, customer service levels, productivity, safety and working capital management. Help develop & prepare tools, processes & policies pertaining to Klein methods & objectives. Facilitate utilization of strategy deployment process.
2. Assist in developing training materials & lead trainings of all appropriate personnel in Klein thinking, techniques, activities & objectives. Help evaluate the effectiveness of training & use learnings to assess the depth of retraining and/or additional training when necessary. Assist in identifying, educating, and coaching future KBS leaders.
3. Utilize Pareto analysis and other KBS tools to identify areas with opportunity for significant improvement. Develop and facilitate implementation of plans to improve areas where major opportunities exist. Prioritize efforts of significant impact and tactical benefit for plant metrics.
4. Work closely with key stakeholders to establish metrics and time lines for KBS activities. Assist with communication of expectations, deliverables, goals, etc., when necessary, to drive desired outcomes and promote successes, when achieved.
5. Assist in conducting on-site lean assessments to evaluate understanding, thinking, & implementation of KBS practices, tools, processes, & policies. Apply knowledge to develop corporate & operational opportunities and help to establish priorities. Communicate assessment results & opportunities to fall stakeholders.
6. Facilitate workshops, Kaizen events, and continuous improvement discussions to facilitate and achieve Company objectives & continuous improvement mentality.
7. Provide information and reports to the Director of Klein Business Systems on status of projects, production, goal achievement and other metrics as required. Assist facilities in development of operation-specific reporting. Actively assist in reporting and sharing corporate best practices across all facilities.
8. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor's Degree and seven (7) years experience in a lean manufacturing environment. Six Sigma Certification or equivalent.
Must possess knowledge of Lean tools (5s, Poka-yoke, VSM, etc.) and TPS principles. Must possess experience in manufacturing process development and continuous improvement. Must possess knowledge of manufacturing production control methods (i.e. PRMS and MRP amongst others).
Must possess experience leading, coaching and effectively administering cross-functional teams while influencing organizational change in a lean environment.
Ability to use Microsoft products and data analysis tools such as Minitab. Ability to communicate effectively with facilitation skills and leadership ability. Ability to change rapidly and assist with implementation of business strategies.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.