**Entertainment Co. seeking a Controller to lead growing team**
Please email resume to Eric Herndon for consideration
Contact this reputable company through Robert Half about their Controller position, if you have a knack for leading with high standards, positively motivating others, and making critical decisions and have experience taking charge of an accounting and clerical department. If you are good at planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff, this role might be right for you. You will succeed in this position if you can lead with integrity and reliability and have the ability to manage self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability when providing client services. Candidates who are creative team players with a talent for challenging the status quo, coming up with unique ideas, negotiating and influencing will be preferred for this position. Find out more about this opportunity and take the next steps toward a very competitive and generous compensation and benefits package, if it's time to advance your career. The Controller will be a permanent employment opportunity and will be located in the Beverly Hills, California region.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure that firm-wide operation is efficient and effective
- Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Lead the operations of the finance department which includes accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Assure client expectations are met by reviewing deliverables of self and team
- Drive the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to ensure the timely cash collection
- Perform duties beyond formal job responsibilities
- Support Finance Department initiatives, including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, through research, planning and implementation, as needed
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
- Present monthly financial reports to executive committee and partners
- Handle monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
Requirements - Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Past work in technology, analytics and management experience highly valued
- Ability to meet deadlines
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- CPA/MBA preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in strong analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Month end closings experience
- Expertise in Financial Statement
- Deep understanding of financial reporting
- Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.