YOSHINOYA is hiring!
EXCITING things are happening here and we are looking for friendly people to join our team! We are currently recruiting part-time/full-time Cooks with a minimum of one year experience preferred. Offering day and evening shifts and opportunities to fast track into key leadership positions. Take the opportunity to get into the ground floor of something HUGE!
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must enjoy SMILING.
- Performs routine food service activities according to established operational policies and procedures.
- Must enjoy working with people; greet guests with a warm and friendly smile. Interact with co-workers in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Provide EXCELLENT service to all our guests, in accordance to company service expectations.
- Must possess good communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of menu.
- Ability to respond to guest inquiries and concerns in a friendly and courteous manner while providing accurate information.
- Garnish and serve food according to specs.
- Be responsible for all register transactions and cash handling.
- Maintain the working area clean and organized to ensure a safe work environment; this includes dining area.
- Assist with the general maintenance of the restaurant; clean restrooms, empty trash containers, and make certain supplies are replenished for guest use.
- Assist with kitchen operations as needed and according to established operational policies and procedures.
Yoshinoya America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Yoshinoya Holdings, based in Japan. With a history that started in 1899 and more than 2400 stores worldwide, Yoshinoya Holdings has been both leader and innovator in the QSR Japanese segment. The American subsidiary has over 100 stores (70+ company owned) and is Southern California's best kept secret.
Yoshinoya America has quietly reinvented itself over the past 4 years under a new leadership team. New brand positioning, menu items, remodels, upgraded systems, and improved execution have resulted in comp-store sales increases of more than 25%. During the same period, the QSR segment has seen little if any sales growth. Our remaining stores will be remodeled this year as we start to open restaurants in new markets. Over the next few years, we plan to nearly double the size of the company. Opportunity is knocking! You owe it to yourself to take a closer look at Yoshinoya and use our success as your springboard to new career opportunities