Food and Nutrition Services
? ?8111 South Emerson Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46237
Available Anytime; Part-Time Benefit eligible
WHAT WE NEED
Dependable institutional cook
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Cooking for a hospital requires a special set of skills. Those knife skills, line skills and food prep skills are certainly important; however, you also need to be able to precisely follow a recipe, balance food needs with daily patient counts, and oversee cafeteria service. Its a fast-paced kitchen where the ability to cook well and strictly follow guidelines is important.
Are you good at time management and following a schedule? Do you work well with others? Are you dependable? Do you love cooking? Weve got a kitchen that needs you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Follow recipes and tastes product 100% of the time.
- Use appropriate measuring utensils.
- Follow production sheets, checking against actual patient census.
- Record quantity of food prepared.
- Check cafeteria and patient tray line during service to ensure adequate quantities.
- Test food for appropriate temperature.
- Check assigned refrigerator temperatures daily.
- Clean area and equipment with respect to assigned cleaning schedule.
- Clearly label and date all food.
- Follow guidelines of federal, state and HFAP agencies.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Prepare food to create a high quality product.
- Assist in quality control and in controlling costs of production.
- Assume responsibilities in self development.
- Meet all health requirements in a timely manner.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
High School Diploma/GED Preferred
0-1 Years Experience
Travel: Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis
Job Segment: Chef, Nutrition, Food Service, Kitchen, Part Time, Hospitality, Healthcare