PeaceHealth is seeking a Cook - Food & Nutrition Services (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 171036
This position is responsible for using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling to plan, prepare and cook food according to recipe and production standards to support the hospital patients, medical staff, caregivers, volunteers and visitors.
1. Accurately follow and prepare recipes.
2. Prepare hot and cold food according to the recipe and following production and food styling guidelines taking into consideration customer/patient counts.
3. Maintain proper food handling techniques. Properly clean and sanitize work station according to safety and sanitation guidelines.
4. Organize, calculate and produce food production.
5. Maintain appropriate records according to regulatory and departmental standards.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience as cook in a hospital or full service kitchen preferred or combination of experience and formal culinary training that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit on file with Food Service Department.
- Culinary certificate preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation
- Ability to work well with others
- Proficient in MS Office applications
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
At St. Johns Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Sacred Heart Medical Center-RB and Sacred Heart Medical Center-UD, this position is represented by the SEIU union.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video , and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Bellingham , St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $ 16.23 , more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Food Handlers Card - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Food & Nutrition Services || Per Diem/Relief || CLINICAL SUPP SVCS
Nearest Major Market: Bellingham
Nearest Secondary Market: Everett
Job Segment: Nutrition, Medical, Law, Social Media, Fundraising, Healthcare, Legal, Marketing, Nonprofit