Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgates portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industrys most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle. Location
The Inn at Pocono Manor known to local residents as The Grand Lady of the Mountains has earned a coveted designation on the National Registry of Historic Places. The hotel has been welcoming guests since 1902 and knows everything it takes to provide guests with a true mountain resort experience comfortable accommodations, great meals, a variety of indoor and outdoor facilities and amenities, flexible meeting space, highly personalized service, an attentive staff, and much more. The hotel has 240 guest rooms and suites which are decorated in keeping with the period style of this century-old hotel, but provide all the modern comforts of home.Employment Status
The Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for the Restaurants, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria and Banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio. Responsibilities
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel standards.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy and meat products.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotels standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain a Clean As You Go policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Culinary experience required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and cold.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, poaching, deep-frying, saute, braising, roasting and par-cooking.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.