I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides leadership in developing a cohesive clinical treatment team to effectively support quality care and patient safety for program(s) as assigned.
• Provides mentorship and supervision for members of the clinical team(s) assigned.
• Assists in strategic planning and development of a continuum of care for psychiatric services department and throughout The Queen’s Medical Center (QMC) Behavioral Health Services.
• Assesses, treats, and evaluates individuals with mental illness and/or substance abuse problems.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Frequent: walking.
• Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of 1 pound up to 5 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object.
• Operates computer, typewriter, calculator, telephone, fax and printer.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposed to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling Psychology, Social Work or related field.
• Current Hawaii State license as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Mental Health Counselor (LMHC).
• Current certification as a Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) preferred.
• Current certification in Basic Life Support at the Healthcare Professional Level.
• Five (5) years behavioral health clinical practice experience in mental health and/or substance abuse.
• Prior supervisory/managerial experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet