Requisition ID: 64289
Location: Presence St Joseph Med Joliet
333 Madison Street, Joliet, IL 60435-8200 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Coordinator, Patient Advocate - Registered Nurse (RN) serves as liaison between the patient, their physician, and budget staff. The Coordinator assists patients in interpreting hospital policies and services, and with solutions to problems and concerns. Assists staff in gaining awareness of patient's perception of the hospital experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Presence Health (PH) administration in developing goals, objectives, and standards for the position of Patient Representative.
- Serves as designated liaison representative between patients and the hospital (administration and departments), through whom patients may voice problems and concerns.
- Interprets and explains to patients/patient families the philosophy, policies, and procedures of the hospital.
- Assists in referring patients to appropriate services and resources and responds personally when other alternatives are not available.
- Identifies and assesses problems that arise, investigates and directs inquiries and complaints to appropriate hospital staff members, and acts as intermediary to hospital administration on behalf of patients and their families.
- Evaluates level of patient satisfaction with the hospital experience. Collects data and channels information about patient care problems to appropriate departments and services for purposes of effecting changes in hospital procedures and policies to improve services. Interacts, advises, and counsels hospital staff on concerns expressed by patients.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Does Not Supervise Employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Minimum three years of experience involving Continuous Performance Improvement, and background in healthcare education and ethics or similar experience required.
Bachelors degree in Nursing preferred. Five years of experience preferred.
Knowledge of patient care/patient problems and excellent human relations and problem solving skills required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with current Illinois License.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph MC Joliet
Job Function : Nursing
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Job Segment: Medical, Nursing, Patient Care, Registered Nurse, Administrative Assistant, Healthcare, Administrative