1. Conducts internal examinations with recommendations for treatment and follow-up care to individuals.
2. Conducts follow-up examinations with recommendations for any changes in Care Plan.
3. Prescribes medications as condition indicates.
4. Make appropriate referrals when necessary.
5. Discusses medical area of treatment plan with individual, parents, relatives/advocate or guardian.
6. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary clinic team to assure medical needs of patients are met.
7. Maintains confidential medical records.
8. Assures referral and/or consultation with collaboration physician.
9. Assures compliance with all regulations of health and clinical services.
10. Assures standards of medical care.
11. Assist nursing staff in providing emergency first aid, crisis intervention and infection control procedures.
12. Assure review of medical care provided and recommended by collaboration physician.
13. Perform any other duties agreed upon with the Medical Director.
1. NYS Credentialing and Certification to practice as a Nurse Practitioner.
2. NYS Drivers license.
3. Acceptable Motor Vehicle Abstract to meet Agency insurability standards.
4. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs, lift and support patients with and without help and push and pull carts.
5. Physical strength to subdue a patient to prevent patient or personal injury.
6. Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
7. Regular exposure to infectious diseases, blood and airborne pathogens, needle sticks, hygiene issues and other odors.
8. Ability to read digital readouts, recognize colors and operate necessary medical equipment.
9. Ability to wear necessary hospital masks, gowns, gloves and closed toed shoes.