Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures to recently invest a combined $125 million in our Series D financing. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and were being led by the best in the spaceour founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka. Were looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work in their career. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
Confluent is seeking a Credit and Collections Analyst that is self-motivated and has great verbal and written communication skills. In this role, youll be responsible for the setting of credit limits for our customers as well as collecting on past due invoices. This person will eventually handle cash forecasting, building AR aging metrics, DSO, implementing automation tools and processes, and maintaining our customer database/hierarchy.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience with credit and collections in a software or SaaS based environment. Attention to detail, follow through, and planning are keys to success in this role. Since we are a fast-paced, high growth company, we are looking for an independent and effective team player to join our team and help drive our growth.
This position reports directly to the Revenue Manager.
- Documenting daily collections activity
- Make collection calls and emails to follow up on outstanding invoices
- Research and resolution of payment disputes
- Dispute invalid deductions and follow up on the status of repayment
- Maintain accurate reporting
- Analyze and set credit limits for customers
- Work closely, lead and participate in regular meetings with Sales and Finance teams
- Provide excellent and considerate customer service to external and internal customers
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
What were looking for
- 3+ years of a high volume of corporate collections experience
- Knowledge of billing and collections procedures
- Strong problem solving and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with high volume workload
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Experience with an ERP and CRM System
- Advanced Excel skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service
Additional highly desirable experience
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce
- Process improvement projects
- Projects that have improved credit rates/customer evaluations