Responsible for minor maintenance repairs and the clean and orderly appearance of the collection center.
1 Cleans table, chairs, cabinets, counters and appliances located in the employee break room and donor waiting area.
2 Vacuums carpets, dusts furniture and removes trash.
3 Cleans windows and doors at least daily.
4 Performs minor maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs, replacing ceiling tiles, painting, minor plumbing and carpentry tasks.
5 Monitors the grounds and parking lots around the center and picks up litter as required in these areas.
6 Assists in recycling and repackaging of shipping materials.
7 Inspects and cleans restrooms throughout the day. Replaces paper and soap supplies. Performs minor custodial tasks in area as required.
8 Physically receives supplies from vendors and moves supplies from storage area to released and quarantined areas.
9 Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions.
10 Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
11 May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
12 Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
13 Perform job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum three (3) months experience as a custodian preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
• Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Worker Sub Type:
CSL makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. CSL complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act. https://www.cslbehring.com/careers/eeo-statement