**At Greenbrier, we do the hard work that matters.** The Greenbrier Companies (NYSE: GBX) is a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of freight rail and marine transportation equipment and services, powering the movement of products around the world. Greenbrier's innovation and engineering expertise pairs with our capacity to build and repair freight transportation equipment. This allows us to provide an unrivaled level of service to our customers across the Americas, Europe and countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council. Greenbrier also provides asset management services and a unique railcar leasing syndication platform that brings us into contact with the world's leading fixed asset investors.
**Greenbrier's heritage of hard work and industrial innovation is celebrated at every level of our organization.** We structure our business to support teams that deliver innovative solutions for our customers and positively impact the world around us.
The Data Analyst will work with a network of plant managers as well as the leadership team and executives to ensure we leverage data to make informed decisions. They will also work closely with our IT and Business Intelligence professionals to ensure data is accurate and gathered efficiently. The data analyst will also be expected to understand the business that they operate in to better provide insights from the data.
**Duties and Responsibilities**
* Work with executives and other business leaders to identify opportunities for improvement.
* Create reports for internal teams and/or external clients.
* Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data.
* Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data.
* Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions.
* Meets scheduled on time reporting requirements.
* Maintains a professional and courteous attitude with internal and external customer regardless of customer response.
* Structure large data sets to find usable information.
* Work with a team of analysts and other associates to process information.
* Create presentations and reports based on recommendations and findings.
* Responds quickly to ad-hoc requests.
* Applies strong communication skills: Effectively listens, probes situations, analyzes needs, recommends or resolves issues.
* Demonstrates empathy to customer complaints and applies soft skills to diffuse angry customers.
* Sets appropriate expectations.
**Knowledge, Skills and Abilities**
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual will possess the following knowledge, characteristics, skills and/or abilities:
* Self-motivated and able to influence others positively in order to exceed business & customer goals.
* Demonstrated multi-tasking abilities.
* Strong quantitative skills, including use and analysis of large data sets.
* Facility with sophisticated mathematical and statistical concepts and models.
* Excel including VBA and PowerPoint.
* SQL experience.
* Data visualization (Power BI a plus).
* Experience with Syspro, DAX365 a plus.
* Prior Experience in rail industry -- knowledge of freight cars and components a plus.
* Verbal Integrity: honest and realistic communication of deliverables and timeframes.
* Consistently applies Greenbrier policies and procedures guidelines. Understands and operates within the guidelines given.
* Assures effective and efficient procedures for getting the work done.
* Eliminates inefficiencies and roadblocks.
* Actively pursues self-learning and self-development.
* Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
* Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office applications to support functions.
**Education and Experience**
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, or another STEM Field.
* Prefer two to four years related work experience.
**Licenses, Certifications, etc.:** N/A
Reasonable accommodations may be made, if necessary.
N (Not Applicable): Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally): Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5+ hours/day)
F (Frequently): Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5: 5.5+ hours/day)
C (Constantly): Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hours/day)
Reach Above Shoulder: O
Reach Outward: O
**Lift / Carry**
10 lbs. or less: N
11: 20 lbs.: N
21: 50 lbs.: N
51: 100 lbs.: N
**Push / Pull**
12 lbs. or less: N
13: 25 lbs.: N
26: 40 lbs.: N
41: 100 lbs.: N
**Company:** Gunderson Rail Services, LLC
**Functional Group:** Operations
EOE including Disability/Veteran