What you'll do
The Data Science Team within Supply Chain Technology organization is working on solving large scale optimization/prediction problems with state of art Operations Research, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence methods.
Join us if you want to be spending your time on:
- Gathering and analyzing data, identifying key prediction/classification problems, devising solutions and building prototypes;
- Formulating machine learning/statistical/optimization approaches while paying attention to business metrics, designing features from the rich data available from many sources, training, evaluating, and deploying models;
- Researching and implementing methodologies to measure the impact of the technologies;
- Initiating and proposing unique and promising modeling projects, developing new and innovative algorithms and technologies, pursuing patents where appropriate;
- Developing high-performance algorithms for precision targeting; testing and implementing these algorithms in scalable, product-ready code; Interacting with other teams to define interfaces and understanding and resolving dependencies;
- Staying current on published data mining, machine learning and modeling techniques and competing technologies and sharing these findings with scientists and engineers in the organization;
- Maintaining world-class academic credentials through publications, presentations, external collaborations and service to the research community.
- Masters or equivalent degree in a computational science with 1+ years of post graduate work experience in Machine Learning/Statistics/Data Science;
- Experience with traditional as well as modern machine learning/statistical techniques, including Regression, Classification, Regularization, Ensemble Methods, Deep Neural Network, and Hypothesis Testing;
- Strong implementation experience with languages, such as Python, R, Java, C/C++; familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments;
- Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience building and maintaining large scale data/machine learning pipelines in online advertising, recommender system, ecommerce or relevant areas;
- Experience leading machine learning/data science projects;
- Experience working with product, sales and other key stakeholders to drive business success.
About Walmart Labs
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. Thats what we do at Walmart Labs. Were a team of 5,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart, the worlds largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and our enterprise operates.