Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
In this role, your primary responsibility will be to partner with key stakeholders and lead strategic analysis to support and enable the continued growth critical to Facebook’s Data Center organization. As we plan to grow our Data Center organization, we need to leverage data to drive decisions and introduce automation, predictability & optimization to allow us to operate efficiently and reliably at scale. Our data scientist team identifies business problems and solves them by using various numerical techniques, algorithms, and models in Operations Research, Data Science, and Data Mining. You will have the opportunity to work on a broad spectrum of areas such as Supply Chain Optimization, Inventory & Capacity Planning, Process Design & Optimization, Financial Modeling and Demand Forecasting.The ideal candidate will have a passion for working in white space and creating impact from the ground up in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, you will have a proven track record of thought leadership and impact in developing similar analytics and metrics based programs.
1. Architect and build pragmatic, scalable, and statistically rigorous solutions for data center infrastructure problems by leveraging or developing state-of-the-art optimization methodologies on top of Facebook's unparalleled data infrastructure.
2. Applying Mathematical modeling (OR), statistical modeling, & AI algorithms to large-scale distributed systems, scheduling systems, and physical infrastructure planning & management.
3. Partner with internal stakeholders on projects to identify and articulate opportunities, see beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for decision making.
4. Collaborate with cross-functional data and product teams across business applications to access and manipulate data, explain data gathering requirements, display results, and build efficient and scalable analytics solutions.
5. Recommend and drive process changes based on robust analysis of operational data and user behavior to improve overall business performance.
6. Architect, build and maintain data driven Mathematical models, experiments, forecasting algorithms, and optimization models.
7. Mentor others as needed on best practices for design and implementation of cutting-edge analytics solutions.
8. Communicate final recommendations and drive decision making.
9. MS in a quantitative field such as Operations Research, Computer Science, Quantitative Finance, Math, Physics or a related Engineering degree
10. Knowledge of Statistics & Probability (e.g. Hypothesis testing, Regression, Stochastic modeling, Markov Chains etc.)
11. 5+ years experience in building models, new frameworks and developing algorithms for statistical modeling, mathematical programming (OR) and simulation in industry and/or academia
12. 5+ years experience in modeling and analyzing large-scale structured and unstructured data using Python or R
13. Experience writing testable code and shipping code into production
14. 5+ years experience with algorithms and optimizations using solvers such as CPLEX/Gurobi/Xpress or related tools
15. 5+ years experience in SQL and data modeling
16. PhD in Operations Research or Industrial Engineering
17. Knowledge and experience in building machine learning models in industry
18. Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages (such as C++ or Java) and visualization tools (such as Tableau)
19. Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.