Atkins is one of the worlds most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Structures Group
as a Design Build Lead Structures Engineer
in our Denver, CO
office. MAJOR FUNCTION/ROLE
Responsible for providing design oversight of the structural engineering portions of a design-build project in Denver, Colorado. Various tasks including reviewing plans, design changes, and specifications; conducting performance audits on contractor submittals and management processes; coordinating with the design-builders engineering consultant and CDOT staff bridge on technical issues and proposing solutions; evaluating nonconforming work resolutions; representing CDOT on project technical matters with third parties; and providing miscellaneous technical support to CDOT, as needed. Position requires collocation with CDOT at the Central 70 project office. JOB DUTIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Reports to the CDOT Design Manager and represents CDOT in all interactions with the design-build team and outside stakeholders.
- Manage structural reviews of contractor design and construction submittals in a timely fashion, including requests for information and field design changes.
- Participation in weekly design task force meetings with the Developer to coordinate the
- design development within the Developers organizations and with CDOT, other affected agencies, and stakeholders.
- Perform quality oversight audits on the contractors performance in the following areas: project management process observations/verifications, design review verifications, and construction observations/verifications. Audits will focus on contractors compliance with the contract requirements.
- Review of technical documentation including engineering, architectural and construction documents, vendor submittals, shop drawings, design review records, management plans, special studies, etc.
- Coordinates with CDOT Staff Bridge and the design-builders team and acts as a liaison between CDOT Staff Bridge and the Project team.
- Ability to think on feet, make timely decisions, and follow through on tasks until completion
- Technical report writing, as needed.
- Review and evaluation of contractors proposed resolutions for nonconforming work.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to maintain project schedule.
- Manage additional structures support resources, as needed.
- Ability to work in collaborative team environment.
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with ten years experience since B.S. or nine years since M.S. Typical incumbent has 15 to 20 years of experience.
- Strong technical writing and communications skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees.
- Colorado Professional Engineering (P.E.) license with emphasis on bridge structures, or ability to obtain within six months.
- Design-Build Experience with preference for previous Owners Representative role
- Engineering, architectural, and construction documents (i.e., maps, drawings, technical specifications, etc.) experience is required
- Experience with drilling/pile driving, caissons, working with cranes, post tensioning, retaining walls, noise walls, and highway structures.
- Familiarity with highway design/construction project terms.
- Experience working with railroad structures utilizing AREMA preferred.
- Requires excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Must exhibit professional behaviors and appearance and be aware of the importance of teamwork within the assigned project team.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.Job Requirements: