To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications.
To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon. To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
To install and configure new IT equipment.
To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
To resolve incidents with printers, and scanners to maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation and Knowledge Based Articles (KBs) in order to assist in the quick resolution of incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a rotation basis and provide necessary coverage where needed.
Be willing to attend internal training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes.
The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests to provide first level resolution and escalation. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for resolving support Incidents & completing Requests while maintaining customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, in and via tickets submitted via the self-service portal.
- Education/Qualifications Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- ITIL Foundation Certificate (V2) (Preferred)
- Experience/Knowledge Previous experience of working in an IT support role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems as well as various software packages including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy.
- Previous Experience within a customer service role.
Experience with the following:
- ITIL Based ticketing systems, Manage Engine (Preferred)
- Active Directory account administration, password management, Group Policies
- VMWare Administration with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) (Helpful)
- Antivirus Software
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques.
- Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work load without supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and perform under pressure to meet SLAs.
- Excellent knowledge of Customer Service best practice.
- Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm.
- Reliable and ability to work with minimal supervision
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Physical activity that often requires keyboarding, sitting, phone work and filing.
- Physical activity that often requires extensive time working on a computer.
- Physical activity may require lifting under 25 lbs.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires travel car, train, and/or air.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, kneeling and/or twisting.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face (in English) for long periods of time.
- This position will require working indoors. Typical workweek is eight (8) hour workdays, five (5) days per week with some weekend work, as well as longer hours as needed. This position deals with some aggressive personalities and could be stressful.
Fast Switch, Ltd., delivering theRight Talentat theRight Timefor over 21 years. We are an IT Consulting company with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, Cleveland, OH, Cincinnati, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ. Were doing business in almost half the states in the union.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is100% consultantandclient focused. You are our most important asset!
We've differentiated ourselves by beingcreative,flexible, andfast. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company.
We're different. Our consultants and clients tell us so, and it's our great people who make the difference! We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
Long Term Disability (100% paid)
Life Insurance (100% paid)
401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Fast Switch was named one of theTop Work Places in Michiganby the Detroit Free Press and one of theBest Staffing Firmsin 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business FirstFast 50award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
To view all of our open positions, please go to:www.fastswitch.comand at the bottom of the page clickJob Portal, or get there directly at:https://www.jobs.net/jobs/fastswitch/en-us/all-jobs/
You can also follow us on Twitter at:www.twitter.com/fastswitch
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at:http://tinyurl.com/y9y3gdp