Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Build and maintain production software on Linux
- Oversee pipeline for Linux Redhat specific builds and patches for major and minor release branches
- Hands on knowledge of makefiles with ability to identify build problems in makefiles.
- Identify build OS settings and IT issues
- Work closely with Build team in local and global sites
- Work closely with Developers to resolve build failures
- Work closely with Verification team to ensure quality of builds
- Experience working in a DevOps role or software release management and deployments
- Expert level experience with Linux, especially RedHat 6 (RHEL6.5)
- Experience with Perforce source / revision control system
- Experience automating production software using continuous integration (CI) systems
- Ability to modify and test makefiles
- Self- starter with an ability to work independently
- 5+ years professional experience as a Software Engineer with at least 2 years’ experience in a continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD) environment
Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.