Director Case Management, Registered Nurse (RN), Full-time
Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for more than 60 years. As a comprehensive acute healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. Licensed for 488-beds, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with more than 1,000 physicians representing a wide range of medical specialties.
As Miami-Dade Countys only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and affiliated with HCA East Florida Division. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for Gods people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.
Mercy Hospital is a member of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethispheres Worlds Most Ethical Companies for ten consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Case Management has the overall responsibility for managing and coordinating department activities. The director ensures staff compliance with organizational policies and external regulatory agencies and takes leadership responsibility to coordinate the integration of the department's patient care and discharge planning processes with related hospital departments and external agencies to ensure continuity of care and optimal clinical resource utilization. Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing department/program evaluation
- Prepare and monitor department budgets
- Ensure appropriate utilization of resources, facilities and services by reviewing admissions, duration of stay, professional services rendered for both inpatients and observation patients
- Develop and implement programs / activities to optimize patient length of stay, assures timely patient through-put and ensures appropriate discharge planning
- Provide departmental needs assessment; identify goals, develop and implement action plans in order to achieve objectives
- Maintain current knowledge of governmental regulations, contractual issues and third party payor requirements - assures departmental compliance of same
- Oversee provision of direct clinical social services to areas of the Hospital served
- Identify patient discharge needs and work in collaboration with nurses and physicians in managing patient care need through the organization
- Supervise staff
- FL RN Licensure, or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred
- 5+ years case management and discharge planning experience in an acute hospital setting
- Knowledge of managed care and capitation
- 2+ years in a Director/Manager role over Case Management/Utilization Review