Are you a strategic thinker and innovative leader? Do you start projects with an end goal in mind? If you answered yes, bring your passion to an iconic brand and help shape the future of mobility and travel. Accelerate your career. Join the winning team. Let’s go!
The Director Corporate Strategy & Business Development’s role sits at the intersection of strategy, financial modelling and business planning, investment planning, long/mid/short-term planning and execution. This individual has a laser-sharp focus on scalability, productivity, and profitability to execute on the core priorities of shared mobility, electrification and a digital-first experience with technology and innovation.
This position plays an important role in shaping the direction of the company, with a strong focus on supporting strategic and breakthrough growth initiatives.
· Maintain long-range and strategic planning process by providing research, analysis, and recommendations to ensure growth
· Align long-term corporate strategy with business unit strategy
· Strengthen development of core car rental growth and improvement strategy
· Support development of business model innovation strategy
· Identify, prioritize, and implement key strategic projects to further accelerate organic growth (e.g., M&A, partnerships, business development).
· Manage and lead all aspects of strategy initiatives; planning, designing, deal execution and integration.
· Expand business relationships and partnerships with industry leaders.
· Develop relationship with cross-functional stakeholders across the organization to ensure alignment and implementation of initiatives.
· Undertake tactical risk modeling and scenario planning for business-critical decisions to support business development and to identify and mitigate risk in line with the risk appetite
· Part of an agile leadership team and will have a specific vertical focus but has a clear perspective on adjacencies, including M&A.
· Enhance the speed & accuracy of business decision making.
· Play a key role in the company’s technology growth initiative, including providing leadership and mentorship to motivate team members and other stakeholders.
· Maintain a keen awareness and acumen around disruptive technologies, emerging trends, innovation, and competitors to leverage in creation of growth plans.
· Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
· Knowledge of product and sector preferred.
· Strong financial, quantitative and analytical acumen/skills; producing fact-based, logical hypothesis and scenarios with well-thought-out conclusions.
· Strong competency in business analysis and initial implications of that analysis.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; communication skill sets suitable for executive audience.
· Proven analytical and implementation skills and prior success as a growth champion and trusted advisor to business leaders in a large global organization.
· Strong program management skills to drive multiple workstreams across a diverse set of stakeholders
· Interpersonal and customer service skills.
At Hertz, we champion and celebrate a culture of diversity and inclusion. We take affirmative steps to promote employment and advancement opportunities. The endless variety of perspectives, experiences, skills and talents that our employees invest in their work every day represent a significant part of our culture – and our success and reputation as a company.
Individuals are encouraged to apply for positions because of the characteristics that make them unique.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Hertz is a drug free workplace.
EOE, including disability/veteran