**Director, Global Supplier Relations, Ingredient Project Manager**
**Brand:** Estée Lauder Companies
The Global Supplier Relations Project Director role is responsible for leading the development and implementation of various cross-functional team projects which impact all category strategies to optimize Global Supplier-based solutions across cost, quality, service, and risk considerations.
This Global role requires demonstrated Strategic Thought Leadership and Innovation to develop a strategic vision, and execution excellence to successfully deliver projects to their conclusion and realize maximum benefit to the enterprise.
This role will require a candidate with the ability to influence business partners to consider new and creative sourcing strategies and align teams within the supply chain to streamline core processes.
The Director is responsible for leading strategic sourcing projects, supplier relationship management programs, and Joint Value Creation strategies with strategic partners.
The Director will work with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams across R&D, Brands and/or Regions on spend management initiatives, vendor selection, cost negotiations, contract execution and a various other strategic projects and programs.
The Director will work with supply chain counterparts to ensure alignment from a holistic standpoint to support global and regional needs.
The ideal candidate will have industry experience in procurement and project management, have strong analytical capabilities, and experience working with R&D teams on product development / deployment.
The Director role is for a highly motivated professional, with demonstrated successful experience leading projects, including engaging and presenting to senior management. They must develop broad influence through a robust set of internal/external relationships across the organization; promotes win-win outcomes within, among and across teams, using the diverse perspectives of others to achieve results.
The candidate will have the ability to influence organizational leadership through effective listening and communication to accomplish operational objectives.
Global Strategy Implementation and Project Delivery
Global Risk Mitigation Strategy
• Lead supplier risk mitigation and business continuity planning with key stakeholders’ alignment
• Leads design and execution of Global Supplier Relations strategies for projects influencing all portions of the business including quality, safety, sustainability, etc.
• Provide Strategic thinking and development of sourcing plans, implemented Globally
• Partner with all departments to ensure regional and global strategies drive continuous value
Business strategy delivery
• Monitors value delivery results, utilizing data reporting capabilities, against established global and global KPIs
• Identify new opportunities to meet business needs and cultivate supplier relationships
• Participates in special projects as requested
• Engages in ad hoc data analysis for senior leadership review, includes recommendations for final decision making
• Able to identify trends across all ingredient and other subcategories to implement proactive solutions
• Identifies and develop excellent working relationships with strategic business stakeholders; gain comprehensive understanding of business requirements to support the business in achieving desired outcomes
• Contributes value to the business through strategy development, structuring and selecting the “right” supplier base
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems using data from various sources
• Point of escalation in resolving supplier quality, cost, and service issues
• Bachelor/University Degree or Equivalent with further education preferred in Business, Procurement and or Supply Chain.
• 5 years of experience including either Procurement, R&D, Supply Chain
• CIPS, PMP, ISM, CSCP, or Procurement Qualification may be an advantage
• Experienced as Procurement lead on major projects across a region or multiple countries
• Skilled in Logistics and Distribution contracting terminology and establishing robust cost and service frameworks
• Manage suppliers; setting and measuring KPIs and establish meetings with stakeholders
• Ingredient industry experience preferred but not required
• English and additional languages preferred
• Travel – approximately 10-20%
• Identify short/mid/long term business requirements by communication with key stakeholders (Goals, Trends, e.g.) to ensure procurement and Business strategies are aligned
• Demonstrated change leadership, successfully influencing business stakeholders at all levels
• Eager to embrace and support change in a matrixed environment, consistently identifies the right priorities
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, and in multicultural settings
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
• Ability to react quickly under stressful situations to deliver accurate information and decisions
• Analytical & strong presentation skills, including intermediate use of Excel, QlikView, PowerBI and PowerPoint
• Strong ability to use data analytics to understand category spend and drivers by analyzing internal data, economic factors, and costs to provide visibility of key drivers and levers.
• Proficient in ERP technology, preferably SAP ECC, and Ariba Sourcing and Contracts
• Ability to quickly identify and explain outliers and trends to make necessary business decisions
**Job:** Purchasing/ Procurement/ Materials Management - Supply Chain
**Primary Location:** Americas-US-NY-Long Island City
**Job Type:** Standard
**Shift:** 1st (Day) Shift
**Job Number:** 223113
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com