Flexports Security team is seeking their first Director of Security Engineering to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As the Director of Security Engineering, you will be accountable for both product and application security. This is a unique leadership opportunity to both build innovative security tools and ensure the security of the product and data. This role will be critical to building security into the software development lifecycle and ensuring continuous testing and validations of the existing product code base.
- Be a hands-on technical leader you will lead the security engineering team that develops and supports application security services consumed by product teams in a global environment
- Craft a meaningful vision and build tools, processes and products that improve the security of Flexports products and data
- Evangelize security within the development organization
- Collaborate with internal engineering stakeholders on addressing systemic security issues
- Lead application security innovation, and provide technical direction to product teams for securing applications and development processes
- Run the bug bounty program
- Direct the integration of secure development standards, tools, and processes into the development lifecycle
- Direct the development and implementation of a threat modeling framework
- Produce relevant application security metrics that demonstrate a continually improving application security posture
- Conduct application design reviews and build compensating security solutions
- Work closely with cross functional teams to conceive security strategies and features that will help keep Flexports data safe
You should have:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- 10+ years of security experience and 5+ years leading and managing teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated success with planning and execution of large security projects with multiple business stakeholders.
- Experience building tools and/or processes to reliably identify security issues such as SQLi, XSS, CSRF, and business logic flaws across large code bases (SAST, DAST, PenTesting, Security Unit Testing, etc.)
- Expertise with browser security controls (CSP, XFO, HSTS, etc.), web application security topics such as OWASP Top 10, and authentication infrastructure (SAML, OAUTH).
- Knowledgeable regarding back end security topics such as secret management and service authentication.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to weigh several, often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic and quickly-growing company
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers .
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy , a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.