The Intelligent Edge Solutions (IES) division of Zebra Technologies' Enterprise Visibility & Mobility business is responsible for identifying and developing industry leading solutions used for mission critical Supply Chain market applications, as an integral part of our Enterprise Asset Intelligence (EAI) strategy.
As part of the Portfolio Management team for IES , our objective is to define and operationalize our EAI vision, working closely with core business units across Zebra to prioritize and deliver our solutions portfolio. Solutions that leverage the edge data visibility enabled via hardware, software and services from across Zebras product and service portfolios and from key partnerships is the primary differentiator for Zebra.
The Portfolio Management team is looking for a solution management leader with 15+ years of Supply Chain industry experience who understand and can identify market-impacting pain points that when solved led to compelling measurable workflow improvements for our customers. The Director, Supply Chain Solutions is responsible for the overall commercial success of a solution and the Supply Chain solution portfolio for Zebra. Focused on providing Outcome-based solutions, the Director, Supply Chain Solutions must be able to identify the key workflow metrics that drive the customers ROI and have a detailed understanding of how that ROI impacts the customers business. Responsibilities
Scope and Responsibility
Intelligent Edge Solutions (IES) Solution Management is globally responsible for driving the strategic definition, introduction, promotion, and overall business management of IESs Supply Chain focused solution portfolio. The Director, Supply Chain Solutions is expected to develop and maintain a Supply Chain Solution Strategy & Roadmap, the commensurate Business plans & business cases, and a Go-to-Market plan that includes over-all Lifecycle and P&L ownership for the Supply Chain solution portfolio.
Success metrics include: market-share growth, revenue and gross profit attainment, forecasting accuracy, and compliance with the product lifecycle management process.
This position reports directly to the Portfolio and Strategy Leader for IES.
- Responsible for developing and socializing yearly strategic planning process submissions and forecasts
- Responsible for commissioning of workflow solution-related Supply Chain market research
- Leading the business assessment and development of Innovation Vision Deck to communicate the strategy with the target of creating a $100M solution portfolio business
- Owns the 3-5 year Supply Chain roadmap development process and makes recommendations on the long-term strategy for BU product lines
- Develop the commensurate supporting business plans & business cases for solutions in the Supply Chain portfolio
- Transform your knowledge into solutions that solve customers problems through a blend of Zebra technology and leading partners offers. Combined with a comprehensive knowledge of market, competitive landscape, customer requirements, distribution channels and Zebra offerings, anticipates market and customer requirements for assigned solutions.
- Leading cross-functional VOC activities. Monitors target markets and identifies opportunities for innovation.
- Developing the Go-to-Market plan that includes over-all Lifecycle and P&L ownership for the Supply Chain solution portfolio including pricing strategy.
- Partner identification and initial engagement and set up.
- Responsible for foundational material for driving value-prop and messaging and incorporating value-prop into promotion strategy and lead-gen working in collaboration with Product Marketing department.
- Deliver solution training to sales, sales engineers, technical support and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-manage the solution development with the Engineering, Program Management and the NPI core teams.
Contribute to the monthly demand forecast by integrating sales and market product volume requirements to the S&OP process
- 15+ years of Supply Chain operational industry experience with the ability to identify market-impacting pain points and communicate the use case and user stories that define the pain-points and the proposed solution to inform engineers and designers when building the technical components for the solution
- Bachelors Degree; preferably in Business specific degree, Engineering and/or Business Administration (Masters Degree Desired)
- Must have strong industry awareness and presence and the ability to leverage that to influence Zebras portfolio and position in the market.
- Must understand the target markets and customers use case ROI KPIs and can translate them into a Zebra Outcome KPIs that feed a measurable ROI improvement
- Must have strong competitive analysis skills and a strong knowledge base of Supply Chain operations players.
- Must have product solution positioning and selling experience to senior-level/C-Level executives.
- Must have strong business case development skills and a track record for driving portfolio and market direction change. Successful candidate must have some knowledge of business fundamentals and cost accounting.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with Agile Development models and rapid development techniques like Design Thinking, Design Sprint, workflow analysis and defining prototyping and proof of concept incremental design practices.
- Passion for and knowledge of technology and its ability to improve and revolutionize the customer experience and business process improvement using data to feed the development of our data services expansion by using data to deliver better outcomes.
- Finally, the successful candidate will have strong presentation skills, as well as, excellent written and verbal communication skills.