Meta seeks a highly motivated and experienced attorney who is enthusiastic about technology and its potential for positive impact in peoples’ lives to serve as a Director & Associate General Counsel leading the product legal team that supports Meta Business Group, which includes all of Meta’s global marketing and sales teams that supports Meta’s advertising businesses and other business products.You will serve as the primary legal partner to business, marketing and sales executives, and work closely with the business and product leads in related functions at Meta. You will be responsible for managing attorneys and legal professionals and serve as a subject matter expert on advertising and business product sales.The ideal candidate for this role is able to work proactively, collaboratively, and is able to switch easily between detailed work and high-level strategic thinking. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
Director and Associate General Counsel, Meta Business Group Responsibilities:
1. Drive legal strategy for Meta’s business product marketing and sales
2. Build and manage a team of experienced attorneys and legal professionals
3. Work cross-functionally with Meta’s legal teams and with Meta’s policy, product and communications colleagues
4. Oversee outside counsel relationships
5. 3+ years managerial experience
6. J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one US state bar
7. 12+ years of legal experience
8. Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
9. Experience working directly with management as well as people at all levels, including executive and C-suite level
10. Team player who enjoys building relationships and working with others
11. Experience working with ad tech, digital advertising, or other technologies
12. Experience working on sales, privacy, regulatory and compliance matters
13. Experience with international legal requirements, including those related to data privacy, and how to manage legal risk effectively across multiple jurisdictions
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.