Requisition ID: 40990 Title: Director - Imaging Systems Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Santa Barbara, CA
The Director of Imaging Systems will be responsible for managing the product development, business development and product marketing activities and expectations related to Arthrexs global Imaging and Resection business with an overall goal of meeting annual product sales targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide management of the Companys Imaging business unit including understanding of products, market strategies, competition, manufacturing, costs, service & repairs, and finance
- Participate with US and OUS Territory Leaders and Product Managers to coordinate market strategies and product offerings
- Works to develop strategic plans for the optimization of production and sourcing of all related Imaging products.
- Identifies and oversees the implementation of innovative business development and sales strategies by leveraging product and service offerings in company's horizontal and vertical markets. Crafts solutions to meet customer needs while positioning company for future prospects.
- Provides support to senior management in negotiations, contract development, due diligence and other business or alliance development needs. May conduct smaller scale negotiations and negotiation of contracts to assist company business development activities.
- Interfaces with internal department senior management and external partners to develop and implement strategies, plans and business models.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Individual must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree required; preferably in Business Management or Marketing.
10 years experience in Management, Product Marketing and Sales of Video Endoscopy products required.
Five or more years of Video Sales/Product Marketing with preference to arthroscopy and other minimally invasive surgical endoscopy procedures. Medical Device Sales experience required.
International and US experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Experience in Arthroscopy and Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) Endoscopy Surgical Techniques, OR Protocol and business development in these specialties required.
Ability to speak two or more languages preferred.
Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Business Development Management Experience required. An emphasis on sales and product marketing management in the field of Arthroscopy and MIS Endoscopy preferred.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Video, Audio Visual, Voice Activation and Digital Documentation integration. Powered Instrumentation, Fluid Management and Electrosurgical Devices.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The area that this job is performed in is a general office or open cubicle/workstation environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.