Plan and direct all day-to-day functions of the skilled nursing unit in accordance with applicable community, federal, state, and local standards to promote that the highest degree of quality care is provided to its residents.
Essential Position Functions:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
* Plans, develops, organizes, implements, and evaluates the skilled nursing unit programs/activities.
* Assists with the development the skilled nursing unit’s organizational structure.
* Interprets the skilled nursing unit’s standards and guidelines to team members, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, etc. as required and ensures they are followed.
* Represents the skilled nursing unit both internally and to the public including governmental agencies, third party payers, and the general population. Works harmoniously with the community’s other department managers concerning level of care transitions and general communication as well as all other interactions that promote an efficient and effective overall community operation.
* Assists with the development and administration of the skilled nursing unit’s overall budget process such that accurate forecasting of expenses and cost control result. Ensures that adequate financial records and reports are prepared and submitted to administration, as required.
* Ensures that an adequate number of appropriately trained professional and auxiliary personnel are on duty at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
* Maintains an excellent working relationship with the local medical profession and other health related organizations through formal working and transfer agreements.
* Abides by established policies including maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
* Attends in-service training and department meetings.
* Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
* Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
* Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college/university in health care/business administration or related field
* Previous experience in supervising a retirement community of long-term care facility
* Must meet state requirements for and be licensed as a health-care center administrator or in the process of obtaining this license.
* Three years’ previous management experience required.