Discipline Director of Behavioral Health
Send This Job to a Friend
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Medical Administration, the Discipline Director of Behavioral Health shall provide oversight for Behavioral Health services at all Unity Health Care's community health center and homeless sites.
- Identifies, implements, and supervises the clinical delivery of best-practice behavioral health care.
- Assures that all Behavioral/ Mental Health providers function collaboratively with the other health and human services offered at Unity Health Care.
- Assures that all personnel of the Department are fully compliant with the administrative policies and procedures of Unity Health Care.
- Assures that all Behavioral/ Mental Health providers carefully observe HIPAA and other local and Federal compliance regulations.
- Assures that Behavioral/ Mental Health providers are fully trained in all aspects of their work and especially in crisis intervention and suicide prevention.
- Provides monthly clinical supervision to Behavioral/ Mental Health providers to assure accuracy and quality in their work.
- Periodically monitors psychiatric and mental health records, provides appropriate feedback, and, when necessary, takes corrective action; and oversees peer review of Behavioral/ Mental Health providers.
- Establishes collaborations and partnerships with mental health providers and agencies within the District of Columbia and with national networks of Community Health Centers.
- Participates effectively as a representative of Unity with D.C. Departments of Behavioral al Health other officers of the District of Columbia, and with local and national community/advocacy groups.
- Assists in preparing testimony on mental health policy, and, when requested, testifies on behalf of Unity Health Care.
- Assists in assessing opportunities, via grants and billing reviews, to increase reimbursement for mental health services.
- Participates effectively with the Medical Directors and health center leadership to provide leadership and ensure coverage for all Unity sites and services.
- Participates fully in all aspects of Unity's continuing quality improvement efforts and in the process of outside agency evaluation and accreditation review.
- Performs or has performed clinical duties of a Mental Health Clinician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited psychotherapy program.
Current D.C. Licensure.
Ten or more years of leadership/supervisory experience.
Ability to function effectively in a collaborative, team-leadership model.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
The Discipline Director of Behavioral/ Mental Health has Behavioral/ Mental Health Providers reporting to them