Purpose of Job
Total end-to-end responsibility for the $300M supply chain of a North American subsidiary of a global Japanese automotive supplier. Reporting directly to the President, Position independently and proactively drives process design and streamlining for division functions using a data-driven and industry best-practices approach to ensure division contributes optimally to corporate production and profitability targets. Positions key metrics include all aspects of safety, manufacturing line support, inventory accuracy and turns, supply lead times and cost reduction, logistics and warehousing costs, and labor utilization and turnover rates. Position supports new product launch, supplier sourcing, cost negotiation, demand management, master scheduling/planning, transportation, warehousing, internal material handling, and customer service to support lean finished goods shipping to multiple customer locations throughout North America. Position is responsible for directing a staff of 100 (direct & indirect) to carry out day-to-day operations while simultaneously developing, executing, and evaluating effectiveness of short-term and long-term strategic plans which optimize the performance and results of the division in line with corporate plans and targets.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Top duties or activities with the approximate percentage of time spent on each duty in a given year. Not all tasks/steps performed are listed.Rank% of Role FocusMajor Duty / Responsibility of Job1.40%
- Direct and support day-to-day division activities of Material Services, Procurement, and Production Control departments to maintain both internal and customer production lines.
- Manage and report performance against KPI targets.
- Liaise/collaborate with other departments on ad hoc issue resolution to support the overall goals of the North American organization.
- Business Plan & Project Sponsorship contributions: analyze global supply chain for efficiency and competitiveness in the market; propose, implement, and manage improvement projects to resolve inefficiencies; measure and report on the impact of activities.
- Develop Business Continuity plans and succession plans.
- Advise president on impact to supply chain of corporate initiatives and participate in executive decision-making process.
- Develop and mentor department managers and staff to offer best-in-class supply chain control to the organization.
- Develop supply chain culture to align to corporate expectations.
- Daily division management: control operating expenses; develop budgets and report performance to executives; conduct performance reviews; support associate relations issues; approve vacation, travel, expense and other staff reports per chain of command.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
Required and/or preferred level of education, knowledge and skills that are necessary.Education
- Bachelors degree in supply chain management, other relevant area of technical study, or equivalent progressive experience in complex high volume manufacturing supply chain.
- Post-graduate degree in supply chain management, MBA, or other relevant area of technical study preferred.
Special Training or Competency
- Minimum ten (10) years in supply chain of manufacturing industry, with 5 years supervision at the senior level of direct and indirect reports.
- Deep knowledege of procurement, master planning/scheduling, logistics management and inventory control.
- 20 years of progressive Supply Chain-related experience in Japanese automotive manufacturing industry with 10 years at senior management level preferred.
- Demonstrated mastery of best practices in procurement, master planning/scheduling, logistics management, and inventory control preferred.
Work HoursMonday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Off-hours as neededTravel Requirements
- Coursework towards supply chain certification such as SCMA, ISM and APICS.
- Project management experience.
- Proficiency and adaptability using desktop applications: strong MS Excel skills, MS Powerpoint presentation preparation, ERP-based inventory control and purchasing systems.
- Professional Certification in Supply Chain Management preferred: APICS, ISM, SCMA. MBA.
- Certifications or demonstrated experience preferred in TQM, PMP, Lean, Six Sigma, ERP system setup and configuration, warehouse management, customs license/C-TPAT Compliance, ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 compliance, JSOX compliance.
- Oracle-based inventory control and purchasing systems preferred.
30% domestic and/or international.
If domestic travel is necessary, valid drivers license is required.If international travel is necessary, valid passport is required.