Transports, unloads, and loads product on specified weekly route to designated Bath Fitter locations.
The Shipping Driver will report to the Shipping/Materials Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read shipping schedule
- Operate forklift, pallet jack, dolly, lift gate, trailer mounted crane and other material handling equipmentnbsp;
- Locate shipment staging area
- Load/Unload shipments at Customer locations
- Read and verify bill of lading
- Determine and verify piece count of shipment to match bill of lading
- Organize and carrier documentation
- Process shipment paperwork
- Identify tubs by customer number and stage
- Identify tubs by size and skirt
- Operate bar code scanner
- Nest tub liners according to size and skirt
- Weigh items and complete shipping log
- Maximize the amount of product which can be loaded on a trailer
- Break down pallets to deliver creatively packaged products to multiple locations
- Other related tasks
To perform this successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals and with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience – Minimum High school Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must have active CDL A license, no haz-mat required.
- Must have driven 3 years in last 5 years.
- Clean MVR record, and meet all DOT Requirements
- Forklift Operation certification will be required
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units ofnbsp;measure.nbsp;Ability to use a tape measure and other measuring devices.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and / or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problem in a timely manner.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building positive team spirit.
- Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Supports organization’s goals, values, and code of ethics.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes work activities; Uses time efficiently;
- Professionalism – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.