EEG Technician - Neurodiagnostics - Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs - PRN
* The Neurodiagnostics department currently consists of full time Technologist/Technicians (unregistered in the Neurodiagnostics department. The services provided include Inpatient/outpatient EEGs, cEEG (long term monitoring).
* This department plans to expand services in the near future to the North hospital in Colorado Springs and potentially proved EMU services.
* The lab schedule is Monday - Saturday 0600 - 1700, 4 x 10 shifts.
* Call requirement (at least) 1 week per month with one Saturday shift.
* The EEG Technician performs electroencephalograph (EEG) testing under supervision. We are seeking a PRN EEG tech (with EEG experience) to take call, fill in for techs on vacation/PTO and/or other lab responsibilities. Currently, the position being filled is PRN - non-benefit eligible position, as needed.
* No Guarantee of scheduled hours. As productivity increases and services expand, there is the possibility of additional hours and/or a regular position.
* Prefer an Associate's Degree and a minimum of at least 6 months prior EEG or RPSGT experience.
* Attaches and connects electrodes between specified body areas and EEG machine.
* Performs prescribed testing. Reviews patient's history and educates patient about procedure.
* Monitors and documents patient's condition and responds to and reports any adverse reactions. Identifies and corrects for artifacts.
* Edits and forwards results to attending physician for analysis and interpretation. Scores/graphs, reviews, analyzes, documents, and reports results of diagnostic procedures.
* Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
* Minimum Required Education: High School diploma or GED.
* Minimum Experience Preferred: 6 months EEG o RPSGT exp
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.