QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors, and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.Responsibilities
At QinetiQ North America, you'll find a dedicated and talented team of people who enjoy their work and take pride in their accomplishments. As a member of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technology and some of the industry's most brilliant minds. We offer a comprehensive, flexible benefit package including tuition assistance and career development opportunities. If you're interested in working for a technology-driven company that is the leader in its industry, but one that maintains the fast-paced, creative environment of a start-up, QinetiQ North America is the right place for you.
QinetiQ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.
Any external applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Position requires U.S. citizenship.
Work in a fast-paced environment, participating and leading engineering teams designing the next generation robotic systems for the U.S. Military. Candidates will design and support various analog / digital / mixed-signal circuits as well as cable design for robot platforms and/or their associated control stations. The associate electrical engineer will be responsible for problem solving under general supervision. PCB Design, high speed, power electronics, and motor controller design experience is a plus.
Tasks may include support of existing systems, PCB design, cable design, or associated documentation tasks. Activities may range from supporting the development of a new system to integration of a new or existing payload on an existing system. Associate electrical engineers frequently develop test plans and perform testing of electrical and system designs as well as participate in field data collection and experimentation, analysis, and reporting. Works directly with engineers in other disciplines. Some (
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering plus 0-2 years experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in Electrical Engineering
- Analog, digital, and mixed signal circuit design
- Cable assembly and wire harness design experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Flexible, self-started, desire to solve any problem
- U.S. citizenship
- Prior work in the field of robotics
- Knowledge and experience with DOD, SAE, IEEE, and/or IPC standards
- Experience with bus protocols such as CAN, SPI, RS232, I2C, USB, & Ethernet
- PCB design experience
- Power electronics design experience
- Motor controller design experience
- Working knowledge of C / C++, & Visual C#
- Experience with field testing robotic systems