EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking an Electrician for a truck-basedrole in the Washington, DC area. This position requires an active Top Secret government security clearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect on a routine basis electrical equipment, wiring, fixtures, and other components to ensure they remain functional and are up to code, as well as to identify any hazards or issues.
- Determine the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components, and create a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem.
- Repair electrical systems, wiring, circuit breakers, equipment, and other components so that they remains at full functioning capacity.
- Test systems to ensure the system remains safe and that components are compatible.
- Review blueprints to understand the placement of wiring or to comprehend the working of the equipment to provide the right service and repairs.
- Perform trouble shooting and provide recommendations for repair and replacement.
- Keep records of all maintenance and repair work conducted, including a record of any supplies ordered and used.
- Ensure all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs.
- Must have a Journeyman Electrician License
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a current driver's license.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have an active TS clearance
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Job Requirements: