This position is accountable for the care, maintenance, ordering, and stocking of the technical
equipment and supplies and creating a clean and safe environment for the care of patients. The
Endoscopy Technician is considered a member of the procedural team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists the physician on all procedures and serves as a resource to the use and maintenance of
- Knowledge of and ability to use sterile technique.
- Assists in moving and positioning the patient for procedures.
- Maintains records/statistics in reference to the HLD of equipment, supplies, and instruments.
- Performs necessary cleaning of the treatment room after each case including reprocessing of
- Follows the established process for sending scopes and other equipment for repairs as needed.
- Assists in planning supplies for cases for the next day, as appropriate.
- Maintains inventory and assists in restocking/ordering of supplies.
- Assists in maintaining an orderly arena for equipment, supplies, and environment of the
- procedural suite.
- Maintains knowledge of proper use of equipment needed for procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Additional duties and responsibilities
- Knowledge in the use and care of a scope re processor.
- Knowledgeable of appropriate technique for packaging instruments and other supplies.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to maintain collaborative working relationships to ensure a positive and productive work
1. Education and/or experience
High School diploma or GED
One year of experience in medical environment
2. Language Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret human service periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
3. Reasoning Ability
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
4. Certificates, Licenses, Registration
Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
5. Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
6. OSHA Category
This position has been determined by the Center as having occupational exposure to
blood borne pathogens and other infectious materials as defined by state regulations.
The description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions
and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions maybe assigned and White
Coat Medical Staffing has the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Please sign stating that you understand the job description: