At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
The Environment, Health, & Safety Specialist will have a leadership presence on the production floor and throughout all Crestron buildings. The ideal candidate will influence and engage employees in all aspects
of Crestron’s environment, health, and safety program. This candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and evaluation of EHS programs, procedures, and processes to
reduce risk in our operations to the greatest extent feasible. This position requires 1-3 years of experience in the occupational EHS field.
• Assist in the management of the EHS Training program.
• Capable of developing effective EHS training programs, and facilitate instructor led training to a
wide-ranging audience including, salary, hourly, new employees, and contractors.
• Maintain all training records.
• Inspect company facilities to detect existing or potential safety and health hazards, determines
corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have
• Maintain and continuously improve current health and safety programs.
• Assist with creating new EHS programs including but not limited to SOP’s and JSA’s as needed.
• Assist in developing and conducting safety & health training to personnel in an effective manner.
• Maintain and update Safety Data Sheet database.
• Investigate workplace incidents, to determine causes and recommend, install, and implement
preventive measures to reduce or eliminate hazards.
• Self-starter yet able to take direction.
• Ensure federal, state, and local rules and regulations are observed.
• Some knowledge pertaining to: Control of Hazardous Energy, Hazard Communication, Powered
Industrial Trucks, Machine Guarding, Contractor Safety, Fire Prevention Emergency
Preparedness and Response, Personal Protective Equipment, Fall Protection, Electrical Safety,
Ergonomics, Respiratory Protection and Hearing Conservation programs
• A minimum of 1-3 years in an Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) or related field
• Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, or
a related field.
• Some experience with navigating OSHA regulations is preferred
• Ability to analyze incident data, new processes, and machinery for potential concerns and
conduct job safety analysis.
• Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization.
• OSHA 10 or 30 hour in General Industry is a plus.
• Comfortable facilitating training programs to small and large groups of employees.
• Prior experience working in the manufacturing or similar industry is a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
• Effective written and verbal communication is necessary.
• Strong planning, organization and follow up skills.
• Travel between our Orangeburg, NY and Rockleigh NJ locations via car is required
If you have the background and experience to make a difference on our team, hit that apply button. We want to hear from you!
Crestron Electronics values our employees. That is why we offer a great benefits package to our regular, full-time employees that includes company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off (PTO), voluntary benefits including identity theft and pet insurance, Company paid holidays and more! An Employee Assistance Program that focuses on mental health is offered to all employees and our wellbeing program, including annual wellness fair and virtual fitness and nutrition classes offered through Wellbeats, to support you in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
For our full time employees, in or near Rockleigh, NJ, our headquarters offers a state of the art Fitness Center with group classes, personal trainers and full service amenities as well as an onsite Wellness Center that offers convenient medical care and onsite lab services.
External Company Name: Crestron Electronics Inc
External Company URL: crestron.com
Street: 88 Ramland Road