$17-$19 depending on experience
$2000 Incentive Bonus
Slate Hill, NY
Dedicated 12- Hour Shifts- guaranteed every other weekend off
Week 1: Mon & Tues- Off, Wed & Thu- Work, Fri-Sun-Off
Week 2: Mon & Tue- Work, Wed & Thu- Off, Fri-Sun- Work
Affordable Medical Benefits after 60 days (Including Vision and Dental)
6% Match on 401K
Ample Time Off (2 weeks vacation after 1 year)
Average 10 Company Paid Holidays Per Year
Multiple growth opportunities associated with the position as well as in the overall company
Balchem Corporation engages in the development, manufacture and marketing of specialty performance ingredients and products for the food, nutritional, feed, pharmaceutical, medical sterilization and industrial markets.
Prepares ingredients and sets up equipment according to prescribed instructions for the manufacturing of products; operates automatic and semi-automatic production machines in all phases of the manufacturing process, producing quality products and adhering to safety policies and procedures. Moves materials to production area for processing and moves finished product to storage area.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Performs all Production Assistant duties, accurately and with minimal supervision.
- Operates production equipment, consistently producing quality products. Follows all Production related SOPs.
- Prepares ingredients for processing by determining correct charge weights according to instructions; places ingredients in equipment ensuring that proper settings and temperatures have been established; monitors processing operations and makes adjustment to equipment as appropriate to ensure a quality product.
- Maintains a log of each product processed, including: code, lot number of raw, finished goods, date, operator's name, batch number, raw used, process readings at regular intervals, shift production data and other operational comments.
- Operates a variety of equipment and machines such as fork truck, skid jack, circular vibratory screens, blender, scales, high pressure hoses, pumps, air compressors, air conditioners, dust collectors, flow meters and hand tools.
- Interprets lab analysis as relates to in-process batch quality.
- Performs housekeeping duties including steam cleaning and washing equipment, disassembling and reassembling as needed; sweep and wash floors and work areas to maintain equipment and work area in sanitary condition.
- To become a qualified operator, employee must be able to produce all operator products with acceptable quality results in all machines. Employee must be able to run premium on the smaller machines.
- Performs other related duties.
- Responsible for food safety.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor of any incident affecting food safety.
- Must be proficient in all requirements of the Skill Block Qualification associated with position.
Education and Experience:
At least 2-5 years manufacturing operations experience
High School or equivalent education. Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations. Good oral communication skills.
Continuous physical activity throughout the work day such as climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting (60 lbs.), hearing, talking, repetitive motion, and moving objects (up to 250 lbs.)
Ability to distinguish colors and operate a forklift
Works inside most of the time, periodically with temperatures and noise above ambient level, proximity to moving mechanical parts and wears respirator when manufacturing specified products.