COVID\-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities\. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID\-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security\.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires\. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID\-19 Community Level at the specific work location\.
**Description:** At Lockheed Martin, we believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward\-thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee\. We value your unique skills and expertise, and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, balanced, and fulfilling lives at, and outside of, work\.
Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems has an opportunity in Orlando, Florida for a senior Systems Engineer supporting the F35 Pilot Training Devices Program\. As an experienced hire on our Systems Engineering team, you can help us take on the world’s most important and complex challenges by providing solutions to a variety of technical problems by applying extensive technical expertise to develop solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity\. In this important role will collaborate with a diverse team of technical professionals and interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters\. The successful candidate will be flexible, motivated, dedicated, detail\-focused, team\-oriented, and capable of multi\-tasking\.
Position Responsibilities performed under general supervision to complete milestones associated with specific projects:
• Supports risk assessments and risk mitigation plans, including balancing technical risks between systems\.
• Continuously contributes to the creation of design solutions that address complex engineering problems across the full software cycle\.
• Develops operational scenarios, based on the customer’s goals and contractual requirements\.
• Develops system requirements and architectures to ensure customer needs and contracts are appropriately translated into the products development cycle\.
• Incrementally develops the product design and delivery optimization requirements\. Act as a core member of a multi\-disciplinary team that represents all capabilities within DevSecOps, directly supporting software development and integration activities for the program\.
• Leverages Model Based System Engineering \(MBSE\) to support the development of functional, architectural, and detailed designs\. Incrementally develops design to provide added or updated functionality based on operational scenarios and customer requirements\.
• Manages key aspects of the technical implementation of the program, by collaborating across a number of disciplines to ensure that technical parameters, interfaces, and assumptions are consistent across disciplines, and interfacing with stakeholders \(e\.g\., engineering, technical staff, client\) to ensure program goals are met\.
• Orchestrates cross\-functional collaboration opportunities to ensure best practices and domain knowledge are shared\.
• Performs hardware/software troubleshooting\.
• Supports and provides guidance on operations and maintenance, including definition and communication of complete test, integration, and checkout plans for new capabilities\.
• Works continuously and cross\-functionally to analyze, test and iterate technical requirements, user stories and operations concepts\. Provides technical direction and clarification of requirements within the DevSecOps team\.
• Bachelor's level degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related technical field with nine years of professional experience
• Systems Engineering and/or Integration & Test experience from aircraft, weapons and/or simulator program
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain DoD Security clearance
• Prior Aircraft or Flight Training and Simulation Experience \(F35, F16, F22, C130, etc\.\)
• Experienced working with multiple F\-35 engineering teams \(e\.g\., MS, VS, WPNs, I&T, Environments\)
• Familiar with current F\-35 Tactics Techniques and Procedures \(TTPs\) and the pacing threat that drives employment techniques
• Familiar with F\-35 Pilot Vehicle Interface \(PVI\) conventions
• Working knowledge of the JSF Mission Planning Environment \(MPE\)
• Familiarity with tactical datalinks, weapon systems, communication systems and sensors
• Working knowledge of Agile development and Atlassian tool suite
• Experience with Integration and Test, developing/executing test procedures
• Experience with aircraft systems, sensors, pilot & maintenance training systems
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.