POSITION SUMMARY: The Floor Technician position is responsible for the major cleaning and refinishing functions throughout the hospital in accordance with the standard/prescribed procedures of the Environmental Services Department. Provides cleaning services for patients, families and staff. Maintains a professional demeanor in accordance with the service excellence standards while interacting with patients, patients families, (including neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics) and coworkers. This position is responsible for the major floor cleaning and refinishing functions. Responsible for cleaning functions in areas assigned, following established schedules and using prescribed methods. Responsibilities include dust mop, wet/spot mop, and scrubs with an automatic scrubbing machine and burnish floors according the daily and weekly schedule.
Northwest is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
A hospital is only as good as its caregivers. That's why we're looking for allied health professionals who are dedicated and passionate about their work. We're looking for employees who can add to our culture of exemplary patient care and personal excellence. We're looking for exceptional professionals who share our vision and values.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
0% - Never, 1-33% - Occasional, 34-66% Frequent, 67-100% Continuous
A. Standing/Walking: Continuous. Worker is on his/her feet the majority of the day to perform the essential functions or the job.
B. Bending/Stooping (knees extended, standing with kneed flexed while standing/sitting): Frequent. Bending/stooping is required in most job activities, (i.e. washing furniture, sweeping trash into a dust pan, emptying trash, cleaning showers and tubs, etc.)
C. Lifting/Handling: Occasional. Workers may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
D. Carrying: Frequent. Workers are responsible for performing a push/pull motion when maneuvering cleaning cart, beds and furniture. This physical demand is also required when mopping.
E. Balancing: Occasional. Workers may be required to use ladders to reach high places to clean/disinfect.
F. Twisting/Turning: Occasional. Workers may be required to perform twisting/turning motions when moving carts and mopping.
G. Crouching/Stooping: Frequent. Workers may be required to crouch/stoop when cleaning/disinfecting.
H. Kneeling: Occasional. Kneeling is occasionally required in some job activities such as disinfecting/cleaning underneath equipment, beds, and bathroom fixtures and plumbing.
1) Greater than shoulder height: Occasional. Worker must be able to reach high places to clean/disinfect.
2) Equal to shoulder height: Frequent. Worker must be able to reach areas shoulder height to clean/disinfect.
3) Less than shoulder height: Frequent. Worker must be able to reach areas less than shoulder height to clean/disinfect.
J. Handling/Manual Dexterity: Continuous. Handling is required to grasp when mopping and sweeping.
1) Speaking: Continuous. Must be able to verbally communicate with co-workers, patients and visitors.
2) Hearing with or without correction: Continuous. Must be able to hear with or without correction within normal range.
3) Seeing with or without correction: Continuous. Must be able to see with or without correction within normal range and distinguish between colors.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
1. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION: Ability to understand and communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Additionally, to be able to follow written and/or oral instructions, and to record completed assignments. A high school diploma or equivalent required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment associated with floor maintenance within a commercial or healthcare setting.
3. SPECIAL SKILLS: Ability to operate/use equipment provided by the department to facilitate the procedures performed.
4. LICENSURE, REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION: None