Electrical / Computer Engineer FPGA DSP Design
Job Code: SIS20182009-27505
Location: Palm Bay, FL
This position will be responsible for providing FPGA DSP Design Engineering support to customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within our Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) business unit of Harris Corporation.
Our intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions serve a broad array of government, civil and commercial customers by enhancing information superiority, contributing to our national security and providing actionable data for the protection of property and human life. We specialize in high-reliability airborne and space-based remote sensing payloads that offer active and motion imaging and data processing, exploitation and dissemination. We also provide solutions that map and monitor the earth for a variety of commercial and governmental users.
The FPGA DSP Design Engineer will perform the following:
- FPGA design process including preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, test plan generation, and integration and test.
- Experience with fixed-point digital math functions and implementations, floating point data structures, and control theory (feedback systems and tracking)
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing operations and optimization (FIR filters, Up/Down sampling, convolution, correlations)
- Proficiency in MATLAB; able to implement algorithms in FPGAs from MATLAB code
- Solid understanding of signal processing concepts
- Utilize basic digital logic design concepts; understanding how VHDL code translates into logic primitives within an FPGA
- Static timing analysis and the process by which timing closure is achieved in a design
- Experience with Cadence Incisive Enterprise Simulator; familiar with Subversion, Python, or Perl
- Work closely with the engineering teams through design, implementation, integration, testing, and qualification of the deliverable system
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware / Software Engineering
- BSEE Degree with 6+ years of experience or equivalent
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering preferred
- Experience with high speed memory interfaces.
- Experience with high speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SRIO, Ethernet).
- Experience with Analog to Digital (AD) and Digital to Analog (DA) interfaces.
- Experience with control protocols such AXI, I2C, SPI, RS-232/422, and SpaceWire.
- Experience managing flash file systems.
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink DSP prototyping environments including DSP System Toolbox, Communications System Toolbox, etc.
- Proficiency managing source code in revision controls systems such as Subversion, Clearcase, GIT, etc.
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado and the ability to build FPGAs with difficult timing/routing constraints.
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.