JOB TITLE: FRAC FUEL DRIVER
FLSA: NON - EXEMPT
Pel-State Services, a bulk fuel industry leader, is actively hiring Frac Fuel Drivers that have a CDL with Tanker endorsement for our growing team in the San Antonio area!
Applicants must possess a CDL with Tanker, clean motor vehicle record and criminal background check, and pass a drug/alcohol test as required by state and federal regulations.
If you are interested in the position, please visit our website, www.pel-state.com, and visit the careers page to complete a DOT application. We do hire right out of driving school and prior service veterans are encouraged to apply!
To transport and deliver petroleum products to customers by applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area. The truck driver will be responsible for driving to and from designated locations, verifying loads to shipping papers, maintaining record of “Duty Status” according to state and federal regulations. Perform “Pre-trip & Post-trip” inspections.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate and perform minor maintenance on vehicles and various other types of equipment.
- Wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) daily.
- Arrive at location on time.
- Enforce and adhere to the company’s policies all the time.
- Operate company equipment in a safe and professional manner. Use onboard technology as instructed.
- Communicate daily with Crew Leaders, Supervisors and Safety Personnel.
- Complete and submit professional documentation such as: time sheets, daily and weekly reports, and incident reports on time, legibly.
- Inspect trucks for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips.
- Submit a written report on the condition of the truck.
- Check shipping papers to determine the nature of the load and verify for accuracy.
- Operate truck to and from designated destinations on the job site.
- Operate trucks in inclement weather, which would include moving forward and backwards in difficult situations.
- Report all accident and incidents involving drivers or company equipment.
- Report any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies or in the event of irregularities relating to pick up or delivery of petroleum products.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver’s “Record of Status”, mileage records and all other records required by law.
- Perform fuel transfers with Helpers, Fuel Technicians, Master Fuel Technicians, Crew Leaders and Supervisors. Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Attend required company trainings.
- Any and all other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Must possess a valid Class A or Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL) with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements.
- Must have a previous commercial driving experience or have graduated from an accredited commercial driving school.
- Must have driving skills to maneuver vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations.
- Must be able to pass a driving skills test.
- Must satisfactorily pass a preemployment drug/alcohol screen and all United States Department of Transportation (DOT) required preemployment background checks per company policy and state and federal regulations.
- Must be willing to submit to random drug/alcohol screens as required by company/client policy and state and federal regulations.
- Must be insurable with the company.
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of United States Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations governing safe driving, inspection and maintenance.
- Must have the mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs and maintain record of “Duty Status”.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of United States Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Must maintain your CDL license with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements during length of employment as directed by the United States Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Must be a proven team player.
- Knowledge of United States Department of Transportation (DOT) Compliance.
- Knowledge of OSHA Compliance.
- Experience in transporting liquid bulk in a tanker or bobtail preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft office preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule, including long and/or irregular hours as well as overnight.
- The employee work environment outside in all types of weather with constant exposure to temperatures, wind, rain, dust and other weather events.
- The job requires considerable, sustained use of eyesight for essential functions such as but not limited to visual inspection, measuring, assembling, operating machines and vehicles in daylight, bright light, and in the dark.
- There is exposure to loud noise causing workers to frequently shout to be heard above the ambient noise level. The job involves continuous work, which cannot be easily or economically interrupted for breaks except at regularly scheduled intervals or at the completion of a shift or assignment.
- Workers may be exposed to pollutants or allergens such as gases, smoke, odors, mists, fumes, dust, chemicals, oils or solvents. The job requires the use of protective equipment such as hard hats, gloves, special clothing, safety shoes and safety glasses.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to the following physical requirements & tasks:
- Must be able to perform bending, squatting, twisting, crouching and balancing to complete require vehicle inspections, hose connections and routine truck-tank trailer or operation of related equipment. Must have the ability to climb ladders to check holding tanks on top of equipment.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for an aggregate period of time. Must be able to shift manual transmission and operate foot pedals. Must be able to enter and exit truck cab up to 24 times a day. Must be able to reach above shoulder level; bend at waist level & below waist level for maneuvering and directing the controls to operate the truck.
- Must be able to lift 85 lbs. to shoulder height as necessary as well as be able to push or pull similar amount of weight in handling hoses and other tools as dictated by the job task.
- Must be able to wear the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when on job sites which would routinely include steel toed work boots, rubber boots, safety glasses and hard hat.
- Must be capable of walking for varying