Job Summary: Many clients throughout Madison County are looking to Dental Hygienists on a temporary basis when needed. If you are currently a Dental Hygienist that is looking for some extra hours, this could be the perfect fit for you! The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment: welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient's oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits/stains from teeth and from beneath gums
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic studies.
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances; placing, carving, and finishing amalgam restorations; removing cement from crowns and bridges.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions; providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Temporary Assignments (miscellaneous days)
Pay: Up to $30/hr, BOE
Qualifications: The ideal candidate would possess: Use of Dental Technology, Dental Health Maintenance, Infection Control, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Bedside Manner, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Listening, Teamwork, Administering Medication, Thoroughness, Self-Development
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Edwardsville
location at www.expresspros.com
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A
privately held company, Express has more than 760 office locations in the U.S.,
Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment
solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and
schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes
you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees
for job seekers.
Benefits Available to Express
- Holiday Pay (6 Days observed)
- Vacation Pay
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan