Under direct supervision, the Facilities Technician I performs general facilities duties.
*_ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS_*
* Completes work orders and room calls.
* Responds to room calls and questions from members, owners, and guests.
* Prepares areas and performs general and preventative maintenance work.
* Fabricates and repairs structures.
* Completes log on work performed, as directed.
* Refurbishes or remodels rooms.
* Store chemicals and supplies in accordance with the Company safety policy.
* Paints walls, doors, ceiling, etc.
* Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
* Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Less than a high school education accepted.
* No previous experience required.
* No prior supervisory experience required.
* This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
*_LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS_*
* No licenses or certifications required.
*_SKILLS & ABILITIES_*
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Ability to operate machine/power tools to perform duties.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
* Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
* Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
* Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
* Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
/Please note that Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) acquired Diamond Resorts International (DRI) as of August 02, 2021. If you apply to work at a Diamond Resorts company you will be an applicant of a subsidiary of HGV. A transition to HGV will occur as we integrate technology, systems and branding but it will take time until our separate operating systems, employment policies and benefits are fully integrated. As a result, for a period of time, employees will receive correspondence and messaging from Diamond Resorts as well as from HGV and related entities. /
**Title:** *Facilities Technician I (Maintenance)*
**Location:** *Tennessee-Pigeon Forge*
**Requisition ID:** *SR-00007A*