This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Senior Manager is accountable for Strategy Development, Business Planning and Operational execution for the Mt. Carmel Global Logistics Center, which may include, but are not limited to, warehousing, distribution, transportation, inventory control, and vendor management. Responsibilities include oversite of 850K square ft. warehouse facility with an operating budget of 19M with inventory values of up to 100M. Reporting directly/indirectly to this role will be two Managers responsible for day to day operations of the Mt. Carmel Global Logistics Center, facilities maintenance, environmental health and safety and management of 120-140 exempt and non-exempt personnel.
Essential duties and responsibilities include
Direct Warehouse Operations Managers ensuring optimized service at best cost to all customers (internal external) as well as coordinating related freight aspect.
o Ensure full stock accuracy management (cycle counts, …) in full compliance with Baxter procedures
o Supervise the occupancy levels at warehouse and manage external storage suppliers
o Manage the transfer of all incoming and outgoing products from 3rd Party warehouses in line with customer expectations or Service Level Agreements
Provide oversight and direction to Facilities Management that oversee Day-to-day maintenance activities. Justify and project future Capital Expenditure needs for the facility based on the 5-year strategic operating plan.
Lead Baxter Operating System deployment for the warehouse (BOS):
o Use BOS as single tool to drive operational excellence at all levels
o Implement the most cost and time efficient techniques for dealing with challenges as they arise
o Measure WH productivity as a management tool for further optimizations
o Encourage innovation and technology and assess their feasibility to implement within the system and the entire organization
o Maintain, ensure, and monitor a high degree of operational excellence (using KPI’s)
o Internal communication and engagement
o Communication with all Customers
o Assessment of Customer expectations Feedback
o Internal productivity, efficiency control
Drive and support all Planning Fulfillment activities for Warehouse Operations in accordance with the Strategic Plans, within the approved budgets, within the international regulations and current official legislations, to ensure that the needs of all customers are met in a timely manner, and in such a way as to make both investments and company objectives profitable
Develop and Manage the Warehouse Operations Budget – Extensive experience managing budgetary performance and profitability (PL):
o Network with local Integrated Supply Chain stakeholders such as:
o Commercial Groups, Key Account Managers and Country Operation Directors
o Freight Distribution Leads
o Customs Trade Compliance
o 3 PL service providers
o CQA Compliance Leads (Internal and External Audits, CAPA, NCR’s, …)
o Implement and optimize WMS software systems (Swisslog) manage the mid and long-term needs for automated warehouse systems.
o Set strategic direction in the development, implementation, and execution of key initiatives in the support of fulfillment and meeting business objectives. Provide leadership and direction to the operational team in line with Baxter leadership expectations that foster Top Quartile performance and create a culture of continuous improvement.
o Sponsors, and may lead cross functional teams in support of strategic initiatives both within the Integrated Supply Chain organization and across business units.
· Own the Best Place to Work workplace program that drives engagement of all employees at all levels be the leader for all representatives.
· Actively support the management in all levels of the organization.
· Define annual and longer-term goals and developmental plans for the leadership team.
· Outline the strategy for the site leadership and ensure alignment with the annual business operating plan.
· Ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained to ensure business requirements are being meet.
· Responsible for Strategy deployment to ensure Safety and Quality, Service and Cost targets are met.
· Ensure that all operations are in line with Federal and local legal requirements and including but not limited to cGDP and cGMP.
· Ensure that all operations are in line with Baxter Corporate and quality manual requirements.
· Deploy the Baxter Corporate programs and processes related to Quality.
EHS ROLE RESPONSIBLITIES
· Foster and maintain a culture of safe behavior and zero-harm workplaces.
· Ensure full compliance to OSHA regulations and to Baxter EHS guidelines.
· Actively participate and show leadership support for the safety action team committee (SAT).
· Foster and maintain a best workplace within the Baxter world on the safety environmental side
· Plans and structures the dynamic system of risk management (identification, execution, prevention)
· Work with EHS to prepares a comprehensive prevention plan for the site.
· Establishes an annual action plan to promote the well-being at work and Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
· Acts and gives directions in case of severe and immediate hazard (stop activity if necessary),
· Strong communication skills (with Commercial, Customers, direct reports, peers, and leadership) and ability to develop rapport with other functional leaders inside Baxter and Supply base. Ability to communicate and present to multiple levels of the organization.
· Strong leadership skills including leading cross-functional projects with broad scope and impact to Baxter.
· Deep understanding of all aspects of Supply Chain including financial, operational, cost impacts, inventory turns and service levels.
· Thinks strategically, embraces change, challenges status quo, and makes recommendations for improvements.
· Requires the ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations.
· Strong, proven development skills for developing top talent.
· Analytical mindset for solving complex cross functional problems.
· Agile mindset to constantly adapt to a changing environment.
· Expertise in Operational Warehouse and Distribution Management including Environmental, Health and Safety programs.
· Experience working with JDE and WMS applications.
· Operational Excellence Experience.
· Expertise with automation implementations mechanics.
· EHS overall knowledge.
· LEAN Six Sigma experience.
· 10% travel
· BS in Operational/Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or similar degree.
· 8 or more years related Logistics management experience.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.