Sarah's Science has an ongoing hiring need for the 60+ schools we work with in the Bay Area! We are adding more and more programs every session, so that means that we need more people like you to come join the fun!
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is great for students, those looking to reenter the workforce, and aspiring teachers!
- Manage a class of 15-25 students along with an assistant
- Attend an hour long weekly training and supply pick-up at our office in Castro Valley
- Teach science concepts from a lesson plan
- Instruct children how to build projects from step-by-step instructions
- Conduct roll call and sign students in and out of the class
- Interact with parents, teachers, and school staff
- Set up and clean up the classroom
- Transport all materials to and from class
- Conduct roll call and sign students in and out of class
- Assist the teacher with the lesson and project of the day
- Prep and pass out project materials
- Help children put together science projects
- Set up and clean up the classroom
Multiple public and private elementary schools located throughout the Bay Area. We make every effort to only assign schools that are within what you determine to be a reasonable commuting distance.
Currently, programs are located in San Francisco, Alameda, Berkeley, Richmond, Oakland, Piedmont, Castro Valley, Union City, Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda, Danville, San Ramon, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Martinez, and more.
- Classes are held once per week at each school with employees working at up to 5 schools in one week. This equates to a different school each day of the week
- Classes are an hour in length with an hour and a half commitment total to allow for setup and cleanup
- Start times for classes can vary anywhere between 1PM and 4PM, depending on the school
- Flexible schedule, work between one and five days a week at schools near you
REQUIREMENTS (TEACHER & ASSISTANT)
- Must drive and have a reliable vehicle for both Teachers and Assistants
- Teachers must be willing to pick-up, drop-off, and transport supplies in their vehicle
- Must have prior experience working with children
- Background in education and prior experience teaching is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and experience managing a classroom
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, energetic and flexible
- Able to communicate, multi-task and resolve issues and challenges creatively
- Wage: Teacher: $40/class + $15/hour paid trainings, Assistant: $30/class Employees working in San Francisco receive an additional $20/class travel stipend
Our after school program, Toyology: Science Through Toys, is seeking part-time TEACHERS and ASSISTANTS to facilitate learning in local elementary schools throughout the East Bay and San Francisco. Multiple positions are available for the upcoming school year. This job is a perfect opportunity for college students, teachers in training programs, retired teachers, and individuals who love working with children. This job will provide you with the skills to teach science in a fun, hands-on, and dynamic way.
Toyologists learn on the job classroom management skills, and practice the warm and fuzzy Sarahs Science approach to teaching and interacting with children. We foster an inclusive and positive learning environment by ensuring that every student builds a working toy based on our science lesson during every class.
Those who wish to join our team must have demonstrated leadership/teaching experience, excellent communication skills, and a positive and energetic attitude. Experience working with children is a must. A background in science is not necessary; we will provide you with all of the necessary training. You MUST have your own car and be reliable. Upon being hired, you must be willing to pay for and obtain Live Scan clearances (fingerprinting background checks) and receive a negative TB-Test result both of which are eligible for reimbursement after the completion of a full session.
Founded in 1987 by Sarah Shaffer, our goal at Sarah's Science is to provide kids ages 5-15 a unique and exciting approach to learning about the wonderful world of science and nature. We offer kids a joyous experience and show them that learning can be fun and easy.
Our programs feature hands-on projects built by each child to engage and delight them while making it easy to understand even complex science concepts. We strive to make our projects fun while providing a great educational experience to our students.
We offer after school classes, various camps during school breaks, as well as evening and weekend workshops all throughout the Bay Area.