Federal Aid Administrator I/Grants Assistant
PERM FULL TIME
Game & Parks Commission
The Nebraska Environmental Trust is seeking a Federal Aid Administrator I/Grants Assistant to assist the Federal Aid Administrator III in monitoring and processing grants that assure public benefit by conserving, enhancing and restoring the natural environments of Nebraska.
If you have strong attention to detail and accuracy, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, are proficient in data entry, spreadsheets, databases, and enjoy a collaborative environment, this job is for you!
What we can offer you:
• Stable employment
• Career development and learning
• 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to retirement plan
• 13 paid holidays
• $20,000 term life insurance policy at no cost
• Significant leave accruals and benefits
• Opportunity to be a part of an organization that benefits Nebraska
• Flexible schedule
Examples of Work
The Federal Aid Administrator I/Grants Assistant reviews and maintains records on grant projects and performs related work required for management of state funds available to public and private efforts to achieve the environmental goals of the Nebraska Environmental Trust.
• Developing instruction and application forms.
• Assisting with maintenance of status information on grant projects.
• Reviewing audit reports and insuring follow-up action is taken.
• Preparing grant offers and grantee contracts.
• Monitoring funds for grants and insuring compliance with special conditions for advanced funds to grant projects.
• Advising grantees as to the availability of grant funds and approval or disapproval of grant applications.
• Aiding the Grants Committee by clarifying guidelines and recording its minutes.
• Providing assistance on evaluating projects or equipment funded by grants; including forecasts of future fund requirements.
• Monitoring annual project compliance checks including required insurance coverage for equipment.
• Tracking grant project status and performing site inspections.
• Tracking grant expenditures, contracts, back-up documentation, and compliance.
• Providing outreach to expand awareness of Trust grants and making reports available via webpage, displays, presentations, and seminars.
• Preparing reports and summarizing information from completed grants in formats applicable to advancing conservation in Nebraska.
• Answering phones, taking messages, and directing calls to appropriate staff members.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: High school education plus four years work experience significantly related to position's function; or Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, or other appropriate curriculum; or a combination of education and experience equivalent to the above requirements.
OTHER: Valid driver's license or able to provide independent authorized transportation.
Once or twice a year overnight travel may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of the theory and practice of accounting principles, practices, methods and procedures. General knowledge of natural resources. Ability to analyze financial transactions; complete mathematical computations, and communicate effectively. Working knowledge of Microsoft suite software.