Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Lead Technician, Systems Field Service Technician (L2)
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Sign on Bonus up to $8,000
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS3 Field Service Technician will:
- Provide Tier I and II support of Network issues, trouble calls and incidents
- Perform initial troubleshooting, diagnosis and capture of incident information
- Determine when TIER III resources needed and if necessary, coordinate for action
- Oversee & track the maintenance schedule to ensure completion and minimize downtime
- Provide advice, training and initial basic troubleshooting to end users
- Troubleshoot and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Compile reports of outages, trends and analysis of pertinent health information of IT Systems
- Set up administrator and service accounts and maintain system documentation
- Monitor and report SolarWinds alarms, work with TIER III Engineers for corrective actions
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
- Familiarity with SolarWinds and theory of operation
- Understanding of Cryptographic Technology and how it impacts network operations
- Basic understanding of MS SharePoint for dissemination of information
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment Certification or higher: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Required Computing Environment certification: CCNA or Windows 10 (70-698) or MCSA Windows Server 2012/16 or Linux+, etc. (minimum of 1)
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
- Travel may be required in support of customers mission requirements.
- 7.5% differential pay
4-8 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
5K Referral Bonus!
The $5,000 ERP offering expires once the position is filled. After the referred employee has completed 60 calendar days of full-time regular employee service, Human Resources/Staffing will process the referring persons award and they will receive payment shortly filling out a form. To be eligible to receive the award, the referral must be able to provide a name and contact information of the referrer for contact for payout. Please note that referrals will not be paid on a rehire of a former employee within two years of their last separation date from General Dynamics or for any General Dynamics employee referring another General Dynamics employee, regardless of company or affiliate.#I2TS3#ISDCJ #DPost