We're looking for a Financial Analyst with effective communication skills. We're looking for someone who enjoys working as part of a team. Jim Park of Robert Half has a great opportunity for a skilled Financial Analyst to join a thriving Construction/Contractor company. This role's primary duties will consist of implementing financial modeling on various financial products as well as measure, analyze, and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans. The Financial Analyst will also advise management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and prepare reports for management. If you enjoy collaborating with peers in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management, Robert Half has an exciting business partner role available. This Financial Analyst role, which is located in the Pleasanton, California, is a permanent employment opportunity.
What you get to do every single day
- Work with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation, and prioritization
- Compile and monitor forecasting reports
- Support Area/Segment-level Bookings on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis, as well as P& L forecasting
- Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources
- Deliver valuable foresight and decision support by enabling effective Business Intelligence (BI)
- Develop monthly reports to business partners on financial results and if any actions are required
- Work closely with cross functional partners in Accounting and Operations to execute against plans
- Understand and be able to explain internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
- Survey performance to date and assess potential opportunities and risks
- Flexible individuals comfortable with large amounts of information, and adept at managing expectations
- Collaborate with the Accounting team on the monthly and quarterly financial close process
Requirements - Firm understanding of problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Active problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity
- Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools experience a plus
- Month end closings experience
- US GAAP experience required
- Solid understanding of Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation
- Financial reporting experience
- BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
- Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience preferable)
- 2+ years of experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Familiar with Spreadsheet and ERP system
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.