Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Novi is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Novi will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
The Novi Compliance team is looking for a Compliance Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Analyst to support the design and execution of the monitoring program, including transaction monitoring, investigations, identification of trends and patterns and ensuring that the Compliance team has the necessary information available to support policy development and decision-making. This includes understanding our regulatory requirements, applying them to our business model, designing systems, incorporating data effectively and ensuring the effective execution of the program. This will also include creating and executing the periodic and ongoing tuning methodology for our monitoring systems. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real world impact. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, a perfectionist mentality, and will have excellent communication skills.
1. Be the single point of contact for understanding our FIU compliance obligations and working with the relevant teams ensure the effective functioning of the system
2. Design the FIU system and data requirements in working with the Compliance team as well as Data Scientists and Engineers
3. Apply expertise in systems and data analysis, data mining, and data visualization to see beyond the numbers and generate insights that influence the strategy for Compliance
4. Develop cross-functional relationships across Novi to understand and deliver on data needs
5. Utilize a deep background of data structures and sources to identify relevant data sets and build dashboards and reports to show key performance/risk indicators for the Compliance Program
6. Oversee and maintain data integrations of key systems, architecture and compliance vendors
7. Use analysis to identify trends and opportunities for improvements and efficiencies across the compliance program
8. Support investigative forensic deep dives into compliance escalations and other nefarious behavior
9. Create and maintain internal documentation on pipelines, tools, data sets to demonstrate program soundness
10. Be a thought leader for data-informed initiatives and help to guide the team’s direction
11. Partner with Data Science, Policy, Legal, Product, Engineering and Operations teams to solve problems at scale
12. 5+ years experience performing compliance business and systems analysis and implementations
13. Knowledge of AML Compliance, or other related financial regulations globally
14. BA/BS in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Physics, Applied Economics, Statistics or other technical field
15. Intermediate to advanced experience with SQL, Excel, statistics and data analysis
16. Experience operationalizing measurements and applying statistical analysis to evaluate process performance
17. Experience assessing, analyzing and resolving complicated issues, and distill that complexity into simple and concise concepts
18. Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
19. Experience communicating the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
20. Knowledge of blockchain based systems
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.