Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to conceptualize, research, write, edit and present product information materials in an assigned functional area. Also contributes to quality control by managing client feedback and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, client information needs and product and marketing specifications. May lead writing projects of moderate scope and complexity. Limited guidance is provided to perform varied complex activities that require some evaluation, originality and ingenuity in making decisions and solving moderately complex problems. Regular contact with internal customers is required to obtain, clarify and provide information.
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities:**
* Establishes and continually updates writing standards to improve quality, user satisfaction and positively impact product management results.
* Ensures product information materials meet contractual, regulatory, informational, marketing or product management requirements.
* Maintains a high level of familiarity with market and product management activity to ensure content integrity.
* Defines content requirements and provide direction to other writers.
* Establishes and track standards for efficiency and output quality.
* Develops and creates original concepts, writes, proofreads and edits copy for product information materials.
* Recommends courses of action and prepares cost estimates as requested.
* Researches subject matter using the intranet, Internet, interviews with subject matter experts (SMEs), financial publications and other sources.
* Collaborates with product managers, graphics artists, website designers and audio/visual professionals to create, revise and format content for various media.
* Keeps abreast of current developments in delivering content on websites.
* Presents copy, layout, web design and audio/visual material for client approval.
* Reviews copy for regulatory compliance and obtains necessary approvals.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
**Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:**
* Concepts, principles and practices of marketing and communications.
* Fundamental investment concepts and practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
* Financial markets and products.
* Advanced principles of English language usage and grammar, sufficient to write and edit high quality accurate copy.
* Advanced concepts of hypertext markup language (HTML).
* Composing copy quickly, accurately and creatively that enhances end user comprehension of products and marketing strategies.
* Expressing ideas clearly and logically.
* Managing writing projects and editing the work of others.
* Conducting advanced topical research using the Internet and other resources, and incorporating results in writing assignments.
* Operating standard office equipment and using required software, including word processing, spreadsheet, email and internet reference service applications.
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
* Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with constant interruptions.
* Employ conceptual, visual and creative thinking to successfully collaborate with graphic artists, web site designers, and audio/visual professionals.
* Work independently as well as within a team environment.
* Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
**Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:**
* Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Journalism, Communications, English or related field and a minimum five (5) years of professional writing experience in a financial planning, investment management or other financial services environment preferred.
* Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
* SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
* Series 7 license preferred or ability to obtain within one (1) year.
**Job:** Product Management
**Primary Location:** US-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
**Other Locations:** US-TN-Memphis-Memphis, US-MI-Southfield-Southfield
**Organization** Carillon Tower Advisors
**Job Shift** Day Job
**Req ID:** 2202125