FlexChoice (Per Diem) Clinical Nurse Medical Specialties 2/3 E Day/Night Rotating
**Lebanon, NH, USA**
Post Date Nov 09, 2020
Requisition # 200003EU
**2 & 3 East Medical Specialties**
The Clinical Nurse is responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide evidence-based care and to continuously monitor and evaluate practice to ensure safe passage of patients that is in the best interest of populations served.
2 and 3 East Medical Specialties is a 25-bed, inpatient medicine unit. We care for adults typically on the inpatient medicine service who suffer from acute and/or chronic illness. It is also home to the region’s leading Cystic Fibrosis Program, so many adults admitted to DH with cystic fibrosis are cared for on 2/3 East. Our team approach and changing environment make it a great place to learn and build/expand on nursing assessment, delegation, prioritization, critical thinking and time management skills. We have a team dedicated to process improvement, problem solving, and teambuilding, which has allowed us to become a unit where everyone is a part of the solution.
**Responsibilities:** A listing of thekeyresponsibilities
1. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, diagnose, identify outcomes, plan, implement and evaluate an individualized plan of care.
2. Utilizes critical thinking and the nursing process to anticipate and recognize changes in patient status, taking action to modify the plan of care or to elevate to the care team as necessary.
3. Practices in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics to advocate for patients, uphold their autonomy in decision-making, ensure informed consent and assist patients in families in expressing self-determination.
4. Actively seeks feedback and acts to improve performance.
5. Engages in the governance of practice.
6. Manages interpersonal relationships for self and with others.
7. Mentors colleagues for the advancement of nursing practice and the profession.
8. Assumes authority and accountability for the nursing care of patients while appropriately delegating elements of care to others members of the care delivery team in accordance with laws, regulations and policies and procedures.
9. Prioritizes and organizes time to optimize patient outcomes.
10. Actively seeks out the most current evidence and standards and applies and translates to daily practice.
11. Role models a culture of inquiry, developing new knowledge by contributing to research, quality improvement, and evidence-based practice at the local level.
13. Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
14. Actively partners with others to effect change that produces positive outcomes through the exchange of knowledge.
15. Precepts the student nurse, nurse extern, nurse resident, experienced clinical nurse and other members of the healthcare team.
16. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
+ Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
+ BSN with one year of experience or ADN with two years of experience
+ Must obtain and maintain clinical competencies within assigned unit.
+ Excellent written, verbal and computer skills required.
+ Demonstrated abilities with problem solving, leadership, communication, fiscal responsibility and teamwork.
+ Ability to work effectively in groups of employees and with patients and patient families is essential.
*All Associate Degree (ADN) prepared nurses must commit to completing a BSN or higher nursing degree within 10 years of their hire date.
For Per Diem:
+ Must be able to work at least 24 hours (2 shifts) per month
+ Must be able to work at least 1 weekend shift per month
+ Must be able to work at least 1 hard to fill shift per year
**Required Licensure/Certification Skills:**
+ Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.
+ Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate required upon hire and as applicable, higher level per unit certification requirements as stated on the grid attached to the AHA and Life Support Policy.